Ranks

Guardian- The leader of the Clan. They are the top dog and in charge of the whole Clan and all felines who stand beside him. He has no charge over the whole forest, just the Clan he was born into. Guardians know how to hunt and fight, unlike other tomcats who only know how to fight, as that was how they were trained.

Matriarch- Mate of the Guardian. Can only be a she-cat. She is second-in-command, higher than even the apprentice. The only she-cat with high power in the Clan. She stands by the Guardian's side through it all. She helps train the apprentice, teaching him how to hunt while the Guardian does the fighting. She watches over the Clan and sends out patrols, though the apprentice can do this too. She can even hunt with the other she-cats if she wishes to.

Apprentice- The apprentice is like the deputy of the Clan. It's always a tomcat and he is trained by both the Guardian and Matriarch, learning the ways to lead the Clan. He is taught to hunt by the Matriarch and fight by the Guardian. He can send out patrols and is the second-in-command should the Guardian not have a mate.

Nostrum- Can be both a tomcat or a she-cat, but most often it's a she-cat. They are the medic of the Clan, taking care of sick or injured cats. They don't know how to hunt nor fight as their job is to heal. A combatant or more will follow them out of camp just in case they're ambushed.

Nostrum Apprentice- The healer in training. They are taught how to heal the sick and wounded and what herbs to use.

Combatants- The strong tomcats of the Clan. They are the warriors that fight for the Clan and protect it and their territory from threats.

Chasseurs- The cats that do the hunting. They make sure the Clan is well fed. They are she-cats. They're not allowed to become combatants, only allowed to aid the Clan for extreme threats, such as war.

Scanagers- Can be toms and she-cats. Their job is to build the Clan, collect moss, and other useful items for their Clan. Some novices can pick to be a scavenger. Either because they are too frightened about the idea to do battle and getting hurt, or they're not a great hunter. But some do like the idea of collecting herbs and tidying up the dens and walls in the Clan.

Novices- Toms and she-cats can be novices. They are apprentices, trying to train for what they picked or forced to become. They begin training at six moons and finish at twelve moons. Sometimes sooner or later depending on the cat.

Maters- The mothers of the Clan. She-cats who had or are going to have kits. They take care of the kits until they're old enough to eat solid food then they must return to their duties unless a full-time queen.

Kits- Kits are Kittens. They are too young to become novices and stay with their mothers or caretaker until they're old enough to start their training.

Seniors- Elders who have finished their duties to the Clan. They have retired and are highly respected by all due to their many moons of taking care of the Clan and the wisdom they have to share.