OneShot

It had been years since the 2 had last talked. He had become Fire Lord, a just a righteous one at that, fixing his fathers mistakes. She had run away with her friends, or hoard was more like it, to come up with her next evil plan. But it never came, over the first few months they had all separated to find loved ones, or live a life of isolation. Azula had come to terms with her brothers rule. It was hard for her to live a simple life, all her life she had been royalty and treated as such. People weighted on her hand and foot. She was the beloved princess of the Fire Nation. Now yes, many might argue she was more feared than loved, but honestly what was the difference?

Any who, everyone she had ever cared about thought she was a monster or left her. Even her friends, who she arguably cherished more than her family, turned on her. Even Ty Lee... Mai was always a little rebel, Azula had always known that she'd eventually be over her shit, but Ty Lee... She was different and her betrayal truly baffled Azula. It hurt her in ways she never thought she could hurt. Looking back at it now, it might not have been what kick started her mental illness but it definitely was one of the things that started to make it visible. She missed her friends, and not the idea of bossing them around & manipulating them, but she truly missed their presence. She missed their play dates and sleepovers and just having someone to be around. But for nearly 20 years she decided she wouldn't be a burden anymore. She moved to the Earth Nation but not before visiting the mother of faces again. She requested nearly the same thing as her mother once had; a new face, plain & simple, with no memory of her previous life, so she could start anew. She had one more addition than her mother had tho. Azula asked the mother of faces if her memories could return if she saw certain faces. It was a doable request, and so it was granted.

So Azula was now Mizu, a once fire nation colony habitant, who now resides in the earth kingdom countryside. Her nearest neighbor was a peaceful little hermit who occasionally invited her over for meditation and she invited him over for tea (a new found passion of her new life). She also had a pet crococat, his name was Zu. It was a quaint life, that kept her busy and dare she say almost happy? But things changed, after nearly 20 years or so of her life as Mizu a certain face reappeared in her life that brought her back as Azula...

It was a breezy evening. Zu had perched himself on Mizu's lap while she drank her tea and looked to the sunset. Earth Nation sunsets were wide and expansive and quite breathtaking, but Mizu always felt like there was a better one out there; yet had never bothered to go anywhere else. But tonight, tonight the sunset was different. Approaching from the West, as the sun set, were 2 thin figures. Mizu couldn't make out the face, or any defining features, until she realized whoever they were, they were coming straight for her house. Zu could tell too, he arched his back and started hissing in the direction of the sun.

"It's ok, boy. I'm sure they mean no harm," she said as she got up and squinted towards the figure, "they look like nice women."

The figures started approaching faster, as if looking for something and finally having found it. Mizu was damn near 40, and her eye sight was beginning to blur, but she could have sworn there was something super similar about the figures. One was light on her feet and the other was graceful, poised as they finally approached her house.

"Can I help you?" Mizu asked as she approached the women.

The chipper woman smiled widely as she bounced up and down on the balls of her feet, "Hi yes ma'am. We're looking for someone and my aura reading says she should be in the area."

"Well what does this person look like? I can maybe direct you in the right direction seeing as I have so many neighbors," she said sarcastically as she motioned towards the vast emptiness surrounding her house.