How This Works

Hi. This is Pandean. Well, Duh. So, I used to do a lot of reads for reads but then the forums went down and it was much harder to do them and find people to swap with. So, because I'm lazy, I thought "hey people look at my profile sometimes" and thus the idea to make this here was born.

I honestly don't have many rules for you.

1. The story you'll be reading is Burn the Witch (please do not read White Stag, White Stag has enough attention as is)

2. Specify what you want down

    -- A read for a read is a general read without a lot of critique, you still must comment at least once, but the comment can be anything as long as it pertains to the book

   -- A critique for a critique is a read with a look out for things that can be done to make better. It should never tear the other writer down but help them improve. So instead of saying "Your descriptions are bad", you'd explain how to make them better. 

NOTE: WHILE I'M GLAD TO CRITIQUE YOUR STORIES SINCE MINE IS LEGIT FRESH FROM THE MIND ROUGH DRAFT I'D RATHER NOT HAVE IT CRITIQUED UNTIL I PERSONALLY GET TO GO OVER IT

---A "Other" is basically anything other you'd like me to do, look at your blurb, synopsis, query, etc. As a published author I do have some experience here.

3. Payment

Payment is basically both of us reading the same number of chapters we both agree on. If a story is shorter and ongoinging (like how I'm only just posting chapter 4 next week) then we can agree to an ongoing arrangement if you'd like where we read the chapters as we post them. Or we can just agree to read three chapters or one chapter o whatever. You can come back when there's new material in the story for a read for read too, as long as you give new material also. But an ongoing arrangement works better.

Example of an ongoing arrangement:

Pandean's book has 3 chapters

Howard's book has 7 chapters

Pandean and Howard pick to read the original 3 chapters, then become ongoing until Howard's 7th chapter.

Both howard and pandean read 3 chapters of each book and then when Pandean updates they both read another chapter until they've read all seven chapters. After they reach the end they can decide whether to continue or not.

4. Things I won't do or read

---Fanfiction, I'm sorry, but if I don't know the fandom I dont feel like I can give your work the best I can

--- Anything that could be counted as child porn. That's a no.

So if you want to do a read for read or sign up or whatever, please PM/DM me, it makes it easier to keep track of.

title

author

link

blub (optional)

genre

read or critique

how many chapters?

ongoing? 

Can't wait to check out more beautiful works and for some new eyes on something different on mine.

Once more, the book you are going to read is called Burn the Witch. The blurb/sneak peak/coming soon parts do NOT count as chapters. Full chapter 1, 2, 3, etc. count as chapters.