Chapter 9: Back at School

Monday Morning

                           Eridan's POV

Ooh boy my first day back at school, can't wait. Notice the sarcasm. Sollux was currently waiting for me in his car and I tried extra hard to walk slowly. Apparently it was irritating Sollux because in no time at all Sollux started honking his horn. I decided to just get it over with.

I got in the passenger seat of the car and pouted the whole entire drive to school. The break went by so quick, I barely noticed it. The reason why I don't wanna go is because I'm afraid of what'll happen when I get there. Just the other day Sollux and I fought over whether or not I should go back.

Flashback

"ED you're being ridiculouth. I doubt anyone will bother to hurt you, I'm pretty thure everyone forgot about everything." Sollux said. We just got an email saying that on January 12th, we had to come back to school. I quickly shot down the idea of giving back, but Sollux is adamant on me going back. We've been arguing for 45 minutes now.

"I'm not like you Sol! I just can't expect evveryone to forget. Evven if they did somehoww forget, the moment I got back they wwould immediately remember and go back to tormenting me. I'm not going back and that's final!" I shouted acting like a child. I know childish, but I didn't want to go back.

"Eridan Ampora, you're going to thchool and that'th final. Thtop acting like a baby and man up already!" He shouted. I got angry at him. How dare he say I'm acting like a child. He's the reason why I can't go back.

"You can't make me!" I screamed. Sollux then tackled me and wrestled me to the floor. It was no doubt that Sollux was strong, but that didn't mean I didn't have strength too. I surprised Sollux by pushing at his chest which was slowly but surely getting him off of me. That didn't deter Sollux though he kept pushing me to the ground.

I kept trying to push him off, until I broke down crying. I could feel him getting off of me, but the tears kept falling.

"Hey Eridan, don't cry. I-I didn't mean to make you thad." Sollux says softly. I grasped onto Sollux's shirt as he held me close. We stayed quiet for the rest of the night." 

Flashback End

After that Sollux stayed the night to keep a close eye on me.

Before I knew it we arrived at the school. I took a deep breath knowing that my fate was set.

"Goodbye Christmas Break, Hello Bane of my Existence."