Part 49

Dear diary,
I woke up with Marcel curled up next to me and Klaus laying on the other side. Klaus claimed it was to be closer to Marcel, but I knew it was a lie. And yet I never pushed him away. It was like that for years, until Marcel out grew me. Even then, Klaus stayed. I would constantly wake up to him. His strong arm wrapped tightly around me, never wanting to let me go. Mother hood wasn't an easy job thank god for Rebekah and Tina. They were angels, they would take care as Marcel as I studied the secrets of my life with Elijah. School was the last thing on my mind, I couldn't leave, I didn't want to miss a thing. Marcel never went to school, Klaus believe he would be a better teacher. Since Marcel was 10 him and Klaus would travel to a little shed outside New Orleans, and train in hand to hand combat. Of course I would visit for lunch with a fresh picnic basket and some books. Marcel did still need a education. Everything was simple a quiet for 10 years. Kol was in the inner circle with the witches, and promised to alert us if they were planning an attack. As I stood in the kitchen packing a picnic which I did every day, I felt happy. Marcel was turning 20 today, he had lived for 20 human years. Human years I never got to experience. I wanted his life to be nothing like mine. I wanted him to be able to have kids and grow old. I didn't want a life of heart ache for him. I was about to walk out the door Elijah stopped me. "May I join you?" he asked. I nodded pushing open the front door walking into the sun. The sun made everything around us sparkle and it felt warm against my skin. I closed my eyes taking in this feeling. A feeling I hoped to saver forever. Me and Elijah walked the 20 minutes to the shed. Well we walked we also talked. Elijah was planning to go over seas in autumn and stay till snow fall. 3 months. "Can't you stay this winter" I desperately asked. I had noticed over time; Elijah and I had drifted apart, and Klaus and I have grown close. Yet I hadn't chosen. I possibly could not. "I'm sorry Grace, I can not" he sighed as we finally reached the shed. I looked up at its old fixtures, it was a white concrete established in 1798. "Well the least you can do is join us for lunch" I offered looking over at Elijah. He was wearing a suit as usual but this one had a tail, which swayed as he walked. I took his hand before he could answer leading him into the building. "Look who will be joining us" I smiled as I entered. Klaus and Marcel stopped what they were doing and turned towards me lowering their weapons. Rebekah gave a clap as she sat on a near by rock. Klaus and Elijah hadn't spoken it ages, what a perfect coincidence they had both agreed to lunch.