Prologue

Brent's POV

I walked up the stairs to her apartment door and knocked. Hands in my pocket, Jay behind my ear, my big fro sitting perfectly on top of my head. I heard small footsteps approach the door. Then she opened it. I saw a smile appear upon her face and I mirrored it. She pulled me into a hug and her scent filled my nose. She always smelt so good. Her arms were wrapped around my neck as she stood on her tiptoes and I had my arms around her tiny waist. She released the hug and stepped aside so I could come in. The smell of her favorite scented candle filled the room with a delightful aroma. She slightly grabbed my hand leading me into her room. She released my hand and sat on the edge of her bed. I sat on the floor in between her legs as she began to part my wild and big hair beginning cornrows.

"What you do today?" She asked me sparking up a conversation. I grabbed the jay from behind my ear and lit it.

"Same Ole'. On the block since 12. Went to go fuck this jawnt I met at the store around 5 or so." I explained. I heard her take a deep sigh. It was silent for a couple of seconds.

"How long you gonna be doin this Chris?" She asked calling me by my real first name. I rolled my eyes.

"I told you to stop sweating me, Arabella," I said calling her by her first name.

"I know it's just.." She said before pausing

"I know you care about me Bell, but I'm gonna be ok. I always am." I said calling her by my nickname, passing her the jay I hit about 4 or 5 times.

"I wouldn't be a good friend if I didn't try to motivate you is all." She said backing down.

"I mean if we keeping it real, you shouldn't be still fucking with homeboy.." I mumbled referring to her boyfriend. She got quiet after that. She must've felt some type of way. I hated when she got all soft and sensitive when I brought him up. I sighed.

"My bad" I mumbled. She hit the jay and blew out the smoke before silently nodding her head. It wasn't nothing I said that wasn't true. Her boyfriend, Juan is manipulative and emotionally abusive towards her. If she didn't tell me to back down, I definitely would've been took care of that nigga.

"It's Ok," She said quietly in almost a whisper. She passed the jay back and continued with my cornrows. We sat in silence as she took her time and did my hair. I scrolled down Instagram seeing a couple bad bitches down my timeline, liking their pictures. I got a text from one of my fuck-buddies or "toys" as AJ likes to call them.

From: Jayna 8:46 PM
- Wya?

To: Jayna 8:47 PM
- Getting my hair done

From: Jayna 8:50 PM
- U sliding 2nite?

To: Jayna 8:52 PM
-Ight

From: Jayna 8:52 PM
- See you soon😘

I passed the remaining jay back to AJ and closed my eyes. AJ and I have been friends since we were babies. Our parents came up together so we go way back. I'm 25 and she's 23. I'm a drug dealer and she's a student by day, bartender by night. She works hard to make sure she graduates and gets through college I love how she takes school so seriously. I'm so proud of her.

"Who's Jayna?" She asked knocking me out my thoughts

"One of my toys" I smirked.

"Yuck," She said making a face. I laughed at her goofiness. "I thought you were spending the night" She frowned.

"You don't have to work tonight?" I asked as she shook her head no.

"I'll just come back," I said watching her frown turn into a smile.

"Okay." She said simply. A few minutes went by and my cornrows were completed. I got up and stretched before looking in the mirror and smiling. I tackled AJ onto the bed and held her waist.

"You always got me looking right, girl," I said. She giggled from under me.

"You know that's what I do." She replied. I released her and we both got up off the bed. She began to put her hair stuff away as I put on my jacket. I reached into my pocket and pulled out $100.

"This is too much" She refused.

"Girl, take it," I said placing it in her hand.

"Thanks, Brent" She smiled. She walked me to the door and held it open before I walked out.

"See you when I get back Bell," I said giving her a hug once more.

"K. Please be safe" She whispered softly onto my chest.

"Always," I replied kissing her forehead and leaving out. I heard as she shut and locked the door before I made my way out of her apartment building.
_____________________________________

Hey guysssssssss! I low-key wanted to continue but it's jus the beginning. TBH i don't really know where this book is gonna go but i'm gonna try it out and test the waters and see what happens. overall I hope you all enjoy my first Brent Faiyaz book. He is toooo fine y'all ong. Anyways i based it for the first time in my hometown (DC) and there's gonna be a lot of lingo i suppose a lot of you won't know but just bare with me lol. Anyways the first chapter will come out soon. Enjoy.
-Mindlezzallday143