four.

four.

han yongsun was unrecognisable. the girl who had arrived on the first day with tangled hair and tattered clothes had been scraped. suji had spent the night working on her new project. she taught her everything from foundation to colour palettes, for the first time in her life she was the smartest girl in the room. when it came to things like physics, music, or history, her friends had the upper hand. sure, she enjoyed art but taehyung knew how to outdo her. she enjoyed painting, he enjoyed looking at paintings. he knew everything about van gogh, kahlo, and monet. even when talking about fashion, he knew a thing or two more about it than she did. but, in this room, just suji and yongsun, suji was the teacher. 

eyes turned at the new student as they walked in, not believing she was the same person who had stumbled in the day before. her entwined locks had become a waterfall of brown silk that rested on her shoulders with a tidy curl. her filthy white converses had been replaced by a pair of black heels that matched her thin jumper that had been tucked into her tight pencil skirt. 

even the boys were stunned. they approached the lunch table, suji holding a proud smile as yongsun followed behind. jungkook’s mouth hung open as he saw too much leg for his innocent eyes. yoongi and taehyung were the only two not paying attention, however, there was a slight red tint to yoongi’s pale face. namjoon awkwardly shuffled in his seat as he tried his best not to stare. their reactions made suji the most proud. 

the two slid into their lunch seats. suji opened her carton of strawberry milk as yongsun shuffled uncomfortably. taehyung released a scoff as he removed his jacket. suji watched in confusion as he handed the coat to the young girl. yongsun tried to refuse but he persisted until she accepted, placing the coat on her lap to cover her legs. “god sake, suji.” he muttered under his breath as he returned to his lunch. 

her eyebrows furrowed as she lowered her carton. she had only just arrived, why was he so angry? “excuse me?”

“making her uncomfortable, nice going.” 

suji’s mouth hung at the boy.“i’m sorry, how is this my fault?” she asked, looking around the table for answers. “i didn’t force her into anything.”

“heard of a thing called conformity? you should’ve known she was uncomfortable, it’s called caring.” his voice never got this angry with suji. as a lawyer’s daughter, she was used to getting defensive and didn’t like people yelling at her. what blew her mind was; he was always gentle with her. seeing him getting so defensive for a stranger was baffling. 

“well, sorry, i’m not a mind reader. what is your problem?” 

the boy shook his head of brown curls. he looked soft and gentle but his voice did not match. “nothing”

“sure” suji agreed with an eye roll. she could've cracked him if she tried. as a lawyer she had the powers of persuasion and manipulation needed to get what she needed, however, she promised never to use them on her friends. believe it or not, she cared for them deeply and refused to manipulate them the way her father had taught her. 

"it’s really not a problem…" yongsun uttered, trying to relieve the tension. 

"no he’s right." suji announced. "you’re allowed to wear what you want - in respect to proper fashion sense - but none of this is my fault."

"let’s just calm down" namjoon interrupted, stopping his lunch time studying to settle the two. "it’s not the time for an argument."

"he started it!" suji exclaimed, pointing an accusatory finger at taehyung. 

namjoon's voice was calm and quiet. "it doesn’t matter. so, yongsun, how are you?"

"i’m fine, thank you." the girl blushed, her shoulders touching her ears. "suji’s been really nice to me so far."

taehyung released a scoff as he stabbed at his salad. hearing him, suji shot him a glare. namjoon rolled his eyes at the two before smiling politely at the girl. "you are always welcome here."

the girl blushed again. "thank you."

"so what happens next on the friendship journey?" yoongi asked, closing his music book. 

the two girls shared a look. yongsun's was confused, having no idea of what suji had planned whereas suji's expression was excited. "i’m looking for a boyfriend for her."

"why?" taehyung questioned in a judging tone.

"to help build her social status." 

"she doesn’t need a boy to do that."

"no, she doesn’t but it’s a starting point." she rolled her eyes at the boy who was getting unreasonably angry at her. "i’m not asking them to get married."

yoongi brought attention back to himself as he asked the question. "who’d you have in mind?"

"well if none of you are offering then…" her eyes scanned the room. she knew everything about everyone at this school and was quick to determine their relationship status. "jimin!"

"jimin?" all heads turned to the popular table. park jimin sat laughing hysterically at his friends as he ran a hand through his blonde hair. 

the girl shrugged her shoulders. "why not? he’s cute and handsome and charming…"

"and rich." taehyung interrupted.

"and popular." suji corrected. 

"same thing." the boy muttered, munching on his food. 

the girl shook her head at him. "whatever, negative nancy. so, yongsun what do you think?" 

yongsun leaned forward to gain full view of the boy. her lips parted at the angel. "wow. he’s stunning."

"would you want to date him?" yongsun seemed taken back by the question. her palms began to sweat at the sudden question, releasing incoherent mumbles. suji felt taehyung's eyes on the back of her head. "you’re allowed to say no."

despite her words, suji's eyes spoke differently. yongsun understood the look she was passing. she dipped her head and nodded. a smile broke out onto a large smile as she clapped her hands together. "yay!" she cheered excitedly. 

"ok ok, i’ll set it up it’ll be great. where could you meet? oh! lee hyun’s throwing a party tomorrow night, it will be perfect.” despite his anger towards, he found her cute. seeing her so excited, the big smile on her face as she spoke, he had to bite back a smile. she wasn't perfect but he couldn't help but see the light in her flaws.