Chapter 17

I fluttered my eyes open.

I suddenly felt disoriented. I was laying down on Levi's bed completely wrapped in his sheets.

I sat up slowly, catching a glimpse of the back of
Levi's head, sitting on the couch in front of me.

I stood still for a second, sun was still shining into the room from the windows. It was still daytime. I must have taken a nap.

I slowly got up from the bed, and walked over to the couch.

I glanced at Levi, he was reading a book quietly, he still hadn't directed any glances at me.

I sat on the other side of the couch and looked at him waiting for him to return my gaze but he didn't.

"How did I get from the couch to your bed?" I rubbed my eyes gently.

"You were shivering so I just thought the bed would be better" Levi didn't take his eyes off of his book.

"Oh" I nodded understanding what he meant.

I suppose that wasn't a dream.

"I brought you lunch, it's in my office if you're hungry" He flipped a page.

"Hmm...did you already eat?" I inquired.

"I ate while you were sleeping" He responded.

"Oh...well I'm not hungry then" I pouted involuntarily.

Levi turned to me and squinted his eyes, "Did you want to eat with me?"

I paused for a second. I hadn't realized that I had given away myself so easily. I blushed slightly trying to not make eye contact with him.

"N-no I'm just not that hungry right now" I said defensively.

Levi analyzed me for a couple of seconds and then returned to his book.

We both sat there in silence for a bit, I started twiddling my fingers together. Nervously playing with my hands.

Once again I was overthinking everything.

Why was he back to being so distant and cold? Did he not remember anything that happened? When will we talk about it?

I fiddled with my hands and looked at them intensely, as if my hands at that moment held the truths of the universe.

Levi turned to me again, one of his hands travelled to my fidgeting hands and he slapped them down into my thighs.

I looked at him terrified.

He looked down at my hands, "You're moving too much"

"H-how are you reading and looking at my hands" I furrowed my brows.

Levi paused for a moment and then responded, "I can't even read with you here, you're so distracting"

"How am I distracting you I'm not making any noise" I pushed his hands off of mine.

His look quickly turned sour, "I see you moving in the corner of my eye" He closed his book aggressively.

The sound of the book closing made me jump. I looked at the book for a second and then back at him.