Bitten

The moon was full and shone down on the two teenage girls making their way through the woods of Traymont Hills. The girl leading them, Selena, stood at 5'4 with beautiful red hair that fell around her face in ringlets. Her skin was glowing a bronze color under the moonlight. Scarlett was a couple feet behind her friend, her puffy hair whipping around her face wildly in the slight breeze. Her skin was a milk chocolate with flecks of gold that reflected in the sun and moon light. Her glasses were sliding to the tip of her nose and she was trying desperately to catch her missing breath. Scarlett stood at 5'6 though her fear made her height a negative aspect in the eyes of her and everyone else.

Selena was carrying a flashlight in one hand and a walkie talkie that was tuned to the police radio channel in the other as she stalked through the woods quite loudly with her friend in tow. They should've been in bed getting ready for their very first day of freshmen year, instead they were out in the woods looking for a dead body they wouldn't find easily. Scarlett was wheezing and stopped near a tree as her friend turned and chastised her.

"Scar, bro we can't keep stopping. what if we get caught or something comes out to get us?"

Scarlett rolled her eyes at this and pulled out her inhaler, shaking the medicine inside. She took 3 deep puffs to stablize her breathing. Once it was under control, she stood straight and walked past her friend without another word. Scarlett was totally different from her friend, she liked studying instead of looking for dead bodies. Selena was odd to say the least. Well she wasn't really odd, she was just into some odd stuff like looking for dead bodies.

The girls continued down the unmarked path looking for anything that may indicate they are on the right path, so far nothing but Selena would make sure they found something. With the moon at its highest peak, the girls heard a feral roar rip through the forest they were roaming around in. Instantly the two looked at each other with worry and fear painting their features. Scarlett was already backtracking when Selena grabbed her arm and yanked her back.

"No Scar, we have to find this body, okay? you know how important it is to my Uncle. He could lose his job if he doesn't get some sort of win."

"Well I suppose we could stay out here and get torn to bits, he'd for sure keep his job if he found us strewn across the DAMN FOREST SELENA!" Scarlett semi-yelled at her friend, still aware of the thing lurking in the forest with them. It would've been funny if they weren't about to die.

"First of all, aren't you always complaining about how nothing ever happens here? We literally become homicide detectives and you are still bitching. Make up your mind ma'am."

"This is exactly what I didn't mean. Why can't we just do normal stuff like go bowling and eat pizz-"

Scarlett was cut off by another powerful roar and wasted no time scrambling to safety as Selena trailed behind her, keeping up easily. They weren't sure if they were being chased because neither girl turned around to check but the consant beat of their feet hitting the hard soil made them push themselves further until finally they had broken through a clearing in the woods.

Scarlett dropped as she pulled out her inhaler to stop the impending asthema attack that was threating to surface while Selena was hunched over with her hands on her knees as she took short breaths in and out, trying to steady hear racing heart. It was only there, in the absolute silence, that Selena saw it.

It was mangled and covered in blood. From where she stood, it looked as if something incredibly large had ripped the body apart limb by limb with minimal efforts and the thought of something that big ripping someone apart with little to no ressistence made a chill run down her spine. The more she thought about it the more it connected for her. Whatever maimed this poor person was in the woods with them.