8

trigger warning: mentions of suicide.

It had now been five months since yuta has left his house.

If anyone wanted to see him, they had to visit the nakamoto residence. Not like anyone wanted to see him.

He had been lying to sicheng about his well-being to keep him from coming over. He hated his family having to see him like this, he definitely didn't want anyone else to see.

Yuta didn't have the energy to keep a conversation going with sicheng, but he had to occasionally text him to avoid him showing up at his house.

Yuta wasn't bedridden, but he looked terrible. Eating habits out of order, eye bags worse than usual, and hair untamed. He hadn't slept since sicheng left.

"Shotaro and I are leaving, I invited sicheng over!" Johnny yelled before slamming the door shut.

Yuta walked towards the door that his brothers had exited from, but stopped in his tracks upon seeing sicheng.

Sichengs eyes looked over yutas appearance, he frowned. "You lied to me."

Sicheng took a step forward, cupping yutas face and rubbing circles with his thumbs on his cheeks.

Yuta gulped.

He had never felt guilty about lying to someone until this very moment. If it were anyone else, he would have felt no remorse.

"...Sorry."

"I'll make you something to eat then we can watch a movie."

That's precisely what they did. Sicheng prepared a tiny meal for yuta to eat and they were now sitting on the couch with netflix open on the television.

Although the movie was playing, sicheng looked distraught.

"What are you thinking about?" yuta nudged sichengs shoulder with his own.

"You."

Yutas eyes widened.

"Have you tried therapy?" sicheng fiddled with his fingers anxiously.

Yuta nodded. "I've been sick for years, It's like a rollercoaster. Everything's going great for a while, then one day you're plummeting down. You don't want to eat, take care of yourself or get out of bed. Sometimes, all I do is sleep. Other times, I can't sleep at all. But, everything usually goes back to being fine for a while, or at least neutral. The only thing is, I'm continuously going down. There hasn't been any 'good' in a while and I'm convinced there won't be. I'm going to continue to go down until I hit rock bottom." Yuta explained, sicheng listened to every word he said.

"What's rock bottom?"

"Suicide."

Sicheng stared at him, looking for any trace of sarcasm in his tone. He realized that yuta was being serious. Suddenly, sicheng had engulfed yuta into a tight hug.

Yuta froze, wrapping his arms around sicheng and pulling him onto his lap.

"I won't let you hit rock bottom."

"Sicheng-"

Sicheng stood up from yutas lapped and held onto his hand, dragging the older male into his bedroom. "Pack a bag, you're going to stay at my place for a while."