Chapter Twenty-One: Alone

It had been a week and a half since Erin had spilled her guts to Zoey about "Zee".
Zoey hadn't returned any of her texts or calls. It filled Erin's heart with sadness.

She'd gotten what she wanted, but now she was starting to second guess herself.
Was it really worth it if Zoey was refusing to talk to her?

Sitting in her chair and looking out the window, Erin thought on how she felt.
She felt an aching pain in her chest, being without Zoey made her feel terrible.

"You're an idiot." The voice in her head told her. While it was honestly harsh, it was true.

Her best friend wasn't talking to her.
In getting to confide in Zoey, she'd lost Zoey.
She was an idiot who created a fake person as some stupid coping mechanism, because she didn't want to deal with her feelings upfront.

Zoey liked her, she knew that.
Erin should've just confessed her feelings like a normal person.

Erin was alone in her room, alone with her thoughts, and alone with the consequences of her actions.

She had to fix this, she had to talk to Zoey.
But how was she supposed to talk to her if she wouldn't answer any calls or texts?

Erin would have to do this in person.
She was going to fix everything tomorrow.