Chapter 52: Side Switch

About a day had passed since the incident involving the giant storm that threatened you, Shadow, your girlfriends, and everyone else on board the Luxe Deluxe. Edge still hasn't returned to report to you guys on V/N's status regarding the Disharmony Stones, Shadow was still fighting with his inner edgy side, and you were patiently waiting for Edge to return.

Currently, you were in your bedroom watching tv with your harem.

Pinkie Pie: Wow! I never saw that coming!

(Y/N): *chuckles* It's a twist, Pinkie. You weren't supposed to see it coming.

Pinkie Pie: Ohhhhhhhh, I see, N/N!

Rarity: I simply must admit, I'm rather enjoying this series, Y/N.

She said as the others voiced their agreement.

(Y/N): Well, I'm glad, girls.

You smiled at them as they smiled back. Suddenly, you heard a vibrating sound coming from your desk nearby. At first, you assumed that it was your phone until you looked and saw that it was your journal. You realized that Twilight was messaging you as you quickly got up and walked over to it.

Sunset Shimmer: A message from Twilight?

(Y/N): Yep! Let's see what she has to say.

You opened the journal and read Twilight's message. After a moment of reading, you turned your head up to the girls only for them to see that you were now sporting and utterly shocked expression.

Sci-Twi: What's wrong, Y/N? Is V/N on the move again?

She asked. You responded by slowly shaking your head to the sides.

Rainbow Dash: Did Edge finally return?

You shook your head again.

Fluttershy: Then... what did Twilight say, Y/N?

(Y/N): She... she told me that... that V/N... is defeated.

Rainbooms: WHAT?!

Sunset Shimmer: Al...already?

You nodded.

(Y/N): It... it looks like it. She said that apparently he snuck into her castle's vault and tried to take the Storm King's staff, but she set a trap for him... which worked.

Rainbow Dash: It... it worked?! B-But what about the Infinity Amulet? That thing makes him ten times stronger, so how could a simple trap have been able to subdue him?

(Y/N): Believe me, Dashie, I'm just as confused as you are right now, but that's what Twilight told me.

Fluttershy: S-So... so does that mean that all of our troubles... are finally over?

(Y/N): Well... as much as I wanna believe that, Flutters, I don't think that's the case. His lackeys are hiding somewhere, so they're still a potential threat.

Applejack: *sigh* Of course. It's never that easy.

(Y/N): If it were, the feds would be doing our job instead of us, AJ.

Pinkie Pie: Well, with V/N out of the picture, the threat is a lot less dangerous now, right?

Sci-Twi: As it would seem, Pinkie, but we don't know if V/N made them more powerful than they originally were, so they might still pose a major problem. By the way, did the other me say anything about what she plans to do with the Infinity Amulet?

(Y/N): Well, she said that she was gonna keep one of the stones with her for safekeeping and that she would hide all the rest with the exception of the Alicorn Amulet as she's gonna give that to Princess Celestia.