Prologue : Messed up

"You killed them?" 

"Yes. And I have no regrets. They got what they deserved. If you want me to leave, I will." 

"No, I would never push you away. You are my family. How could you think like that?" 

Four murders, two lovers, one family, but who is the murderer? The four people who were killed were not innocent. They destroyed an already happy family. They killed a pregnant woman and an infant who was just developing in her womb. They thought they could roam freely without accusations. Who knew what future was kept for them? Little did anyone know how brutally they would be killed. Isn't that what karma does? You receive what you do, in this lifetime itself.

The moment I saw you, I could not focus on my work or anything. You were stuck in my head. You lived there. I would always wonder, are you thinking about me or not? What if you already like someone? What if you do not even bother to look at me? But that one day, I knew you loved me as much as I loved you. Your eyes, when looked at me, I would find myself drowning in them, I wanted to get a grip on myself, but you made me feel so loved, you made me addicted to the feelings and to you as well. You became a drug to me, my medicine, and a new enthusiasm to look and become better each day, just for you. You were a rose, so beautiful but still strong to withstand, those thorns made you so strong; that is how you made me a better person. You made me realize, I was special to you and you were special to me.

Your ember blue eyes would always remind me of oceans and their depth. Your smile would always lighten my days, even if they were too stressful to handle. Your hugs would always comfort me, and motivate me to look forward to my life with you. You made me feel as if I was the only special person in your life and you made me that as well. Your little comments on how good I looked, gave me confidence, and your hugs would make me feel as if it was the most comfortable and safest spot in the world. I was hesitant to let you in, I wanted to but I was very afraid of heartbreak, but you showed me, that love exists with trust and I trusted you a lot. You will always be the best present for me in this life.