Prologue

1 year ago...

He cautiously stepped on the rocky terrace, scanning the area thoughtfully admist the silence.

Something was wrong.

It was quiet.

Too quiet.

The dark alleyways of this shady part of the city were never quiet. He's been here for enough missions to get accustomed to the vulgar language spoken around here. Gangs in the area would loot whatever cash they could. Drunkards, clubbers, would laugh and pretend that the only way to solve their problems was to either party or drink their hearts away. Prostitutes, both male and female, scavenged the streets, searching for a client to serve and get paid.

Moreover, the many clubs and bars here, rarely inspected by the authorities, were always loud and noisy.

A great hotspot for shady business.

Whether for trading drugs.

Or power spheres.

Tonight was going to be like one of his many missions to interfere with those shady businesses.

Supposedly.

Observing the odd silence that seemed out of place, his instinct was screaming red flags.

A little part of him regretted his over-confidence for declining Commander Kokoci's offer to partner him up with Fang on this mission.

Even so, he stepped closer to the small building, lighted dimly by the flimsy neon lights on the signboard.

The rational part of him told him to retreat and abandon this mission.

But the heroic side of him urged him to move forward.

He pulled his hoodie over his head and tucked his cap downward to hide his face away. He took a deep breath before pushing open the door to the small bar.

Instantly, the stench of alcohol hit his senses. No matter how many times he did missions like these, he will never get used to the smell of alcohol and swore to never even touch the liquid.

Before he could even register his surroundings in the bar, a sharp pain attacked his head.

He stumbled forward, barely gained his balance and turned himself towards the person who attacked him.

"What are you.."

He was cut short by the blunt object which hit the front of his head.

His body fell to the ground, landing on his stomach with a grunt. His head pounded uncontrollably, pain resonating through his senses. His hand instinctively pressed his forehead, but he felt his stomach coiled.

Blood.

Even so, with trembling hands, he pushed his upper body to face the attacker.

Tall. Broad. A black suit. A sinister look.

Weakly, he tried to push himself up to stand face to face with the man.

Only to be roughly pushed down by a foot on his back. Consequently , the foot stepped further on his back, making him desperately want to scream in pain.

The black suited man only cackled darkly, enjoying his attempt to hold the pain he suffered on the floor. The other man above him was merciless, decidinh to exert more pressure on his cracking back.

Seconds turned into minutes.

He could here his bones popping inside him.

He couldn't take it anymore.

He screamed.

After what felt like eternity, the damn foot removed itself from his hurt form. But the pain was too much, he no longer had the willpower to stand and fight anymore.

The cursed man in front of him had the audacity to applaud.
"Bravo. Agent Boboiboy. My sources weren't lying when they claim you're one of the best agents in TAPOPS"

Boboiboy glared at the man, chest rising and falling for the pain to fade away.

However, the man gave him a horribly wicked smile.

A terrifying thought crossed his mind.

No. He wouldn't.

Boboiboy felt fear creeping in his veins.

"Unfortunately, your days at TAPOPS are over"