𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎: 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚍𝚛𝚒𝚟𝚎

For dinner, we had mashed potatoes and grilled chicken. Tommy and I stared at the mashed potatoes.

"What are your thoughts on the potatoes?" I whispered.

"Scary," he whispered back.

"Do I need to hold your hand?" qI joked.

He looked at me. "Hey. Only I can do that."

I laughed as I piled them onto my plate.

My dad cleared his throat. "We're going to an amusement park tomorrow."

We all cheered.

"We've made a decision, too. Henry and Sarah have to stick with an adult. Lindsey can go wherever she wants as long as Tommy is around her," my mom said.

"That's not fair!" Sarah complained.

"Sarah, She's a teenager. You're only eleven," Mom countered.

"Yeah, but when Lindsey was twelve she got to go to King's Island with her friends without adult supervision!"

"That was a school trip and lots of teachers were chaperoning. Again, she was older than you even then," my mom explained.

"Fine," Sarah grumped.

Tommy tapped my arm. "This must be a dream come true for you. Going to an amusement park with your favorite person ever."

"You're not my favorite person," I corrected.

"Who is, then?" he asked.

"I don't have one," I answered.

"By the end of the week I promise you will," he said.

"Really?" I scoffed.

"Really."

We finished up dinner. Tommy and I helped wash dishes while Henry and Sarah played outside. The parents started a bonfire on the back porch. I finished drying the last dish and put it back. I sat on a seat by the fire and stared into the flames. I thought of my favorite memories of the day. I remembered how Tommy had picked me up and carried me into the ocean. I smiled.

"You look pretty happy," my mom noted.

"It's been a fun trip so far," I told her.

"Is Tommy being nice? If he's not-" Mrs. Simons started.

"He's great, Mrs. Simons. He's great," I assured her.

The night passed quickly. Eventually, everyone went to bed, but I couldn't sleep. I quietly walked down the stairs. I nearly jumped out of my skin when I saw Tommy sitting at the table.

"You couldn't sleep either, huh?" he asked.

"No," I admitted.

"I know something we could do," he said.

He held up car keys.

"Whoa there. Isn't that illegal?" I replied.

"Nope! I have my license," he explained.

"I'm in. We just have to be quiet about it."

We snuck out through the garage. He turned the car on. I winced at the sound.

"Do you have any good music?" he asked.

"I have the Hamilton soundtrack downloaded," I offered.

He grinned. "Play it."

I plugged my phone into the aux.

"I bet you didn't know that I can rap all of Guns and Ships," I said.

"I'd like to see that," he challenged.

I played it. I went through the whole song near perfectly.

He nodded approvingly. "I wasn't expecting that, but ok. Let's play Helpless. It suits your situation as of right now," he joked.

"What's that supposed to mean?!" I asked.

"You know," He said.

I rolled my eyes and played Schuyler Sisters. We all out performed it in the car. Let's just say he made the perfect Peggy.

"I'm going to drive back now. I'm getting a bit tired," he decided.

I was getting tired, too. The clock read 1:47. We made it back before two. I climbed into bed and fell asleep quickly.

The first thing that someone said as I woke up was: "Wake up, sleeping beauty. We get to go to the amusement park today!"

"Where's the prince?" I asked sleepily.

"He's right in front of you!" the voice exclaimed.

I opened my eyes. Tommy was standing in my doorway. I ignored his comment and stood up. I probably looked awful, but he said nothing. I brushed my hair and teeth. I put on a T shirt and shorts and put my hair in a messy bun. I put on mascara and walked downstairs. I grabbed a muffin and ate it.

I heard Tommy say "Mum, do you mind if Lindsey rides in our car? It's really boring because I have nobody to talk to."

"I don't mind at all. If I didn't know better, I'd say-"

"Mum! No!" he nearly shouted. He walked over to me. "If you want, you could come in our car."

"Alright," I agreed.

We had a conversation about school in the car. Soon enough, we were there. We parked in the parking lot. I climbed out of the car. It was colder than I thought it would be. I shivered.

"Aren't you cold?" he asked.

"Not really," I lied.

"Suit yourself," Tommy shrugged.

My mom walked over to us.

"Here. Remember, always keep your phone on you in case of an emergency. Try not to spend all of the money I'm about to give you," she said, handing me a ten dollar bill.

I ran over to Tommy. "We have Hamilton on our side!"

He smiled. "Must be nice."

"Hamilton is the only man I know who's an absolute ten. Get it? Ten?" I said, laughing at my own joke.

"I can think of more men who are an absolute ten," he said.

"Really? Who?" I asked.

"You're looking at him right now!" he exclaimed.

"What am I supposed to be looking at? I see a child, not a man. Not even close to a ten," I teased.

"First off, I've been called a child way too many times for that to bother me. Second, You really think I'm that far above a ten?"

"You're hopeless," I grumbled.

"And you're helpless," he grinned.

"That better not be a Hamilton reference. Even if it wasn't, that's still bad."

"It was a reference," he answered.

"I am not!" I objected.

"Do I need to remind you of the 'Tommy Paper'?" he asked.

"That is irrelevant," I countered.

"Ah, but it's not! You like me!" he said.

"I might not if you keep bringing that up," I replied.

"Oh, is that a threat?" he asked.

"Maybe."

Tommy sighed. "I'll be nice to you if you be nice to me. We have the whole day at our hands and I don't want to mess it up."

"Sorry. I tend to make fun of the people that I like," I explained.

He perked up. "You said it! You said you liked me!"

I rolled my eyes. "Yes. I said it."