Chapter 41

I wake up with a smile on my face when I hear someone move off the bed and I instantly know it's not Bolin because I'm still holding onto him tightly. I unwrap my arms from around his torso and sit up to see Korra stretching her arms. I yawn softly as I watch her muscles move along with her limbs. She is probably the most muscular out of us all, but I guess that's what happens when you're the Avatar. 

Korra turns around and her eyes widen slightly when she sees me smiling at her. I jump out of bed and sigh happily as I open the window to let in the morning air. 

"Good morning, Korra." I say. She stands still with a raised brow as I move around the room, picking up a change of clothes to put on. 

"Are you okay?" She asks cautiously and I can feel her gaze on me.

"I'm great." I say with a grin before walking into the bathroom to change. I run my fingers through my hair as I slide on my clothes and I smile widely to my reflection. I'm in charge of my destiny, not fear. I am Princess Ulazu, the first heat bender. The bender responsible for her own actions and not any future heat bender's actions. If they do bad, that is not my responsibility. Heat bending isn't what should be feared. You should fear the person who threatens to use it for harm. 

I walk out of the bathroom to see Korra shaking Bolin's shoulder but failing to wake him. She looks up to me when she sees me reenter the room and she backs away from my boyfriend. I can tell by her expression that she is confused by my sudden happiness, but I just smile in response. 

"Let him sleep. He's been stressing so much about me, he's probably exhausted." I say.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Korra asks and I can see the concern on her face. Bolin shifts and I see his eyes flutter open slightly allowing him to see Korra standing by the bed. He groans and buries his head into the pillow again. 

"Korra, it's so early. Keep it down, would ya?" Bo mumbles against the pillow. I smile and walk around towards the Avatar. She watches me closely as if she thinks I'm about to break at any given second, but I allow her. After my breakdown and the state they saw me in, I really don't blame them. But I'm not letting this scare me anymore. I lean down to Bo's face and kiss him gently on the cheek before backing away. 

"Sorry, Bo. We're going to go get some breakfast, want me to bring you back anything?" I say quietly not wanting to disturb him too much. At the sound of my voice he immediately sits up with wide eyes. He stares at me and I jump slightly at his sudden movements. 

"Ula, are you okay?" He asks as he swings his legs off the side of the bed. 

"Yes, but I'm hungry. You coming or not?" I ask with a laugh. He quirks his eyebrows as he takes in my happy expression and instantly I can tell he shares Korra's confusion to my change in mood. 

"Umm, yeah, I'm-" He starts, but he stops as he continues to look at me, trying to figure out what's happening. 

"Well hurry up, rock boy. I'm starving." I whine. He looks to Korra and I see her shrug her shoulders in response which causes me to groan playfully. I take his hand in my right whilst grabbing onto Korra's with my left and I start tugging them out of the room. They both gasp quietly as I jerk them to my side and they continue to share looks over the top of my head. I smile feeling truly happy for the first time in a long while. I know they think I'm acting weird, but I don't really care. I'm making the most of feeling like this. 

"You didn't somehow find another way to get rid of your bending in the Spirit World, did you?" Korra questions hesitantly as I pull her and my boyfriend through the corridors. 

"No, I didn't." I laugh at her query. 

"So, umm, I'm guessing you know what was wrong." Bolin says as I hold his hand tightly.