Chapter XXII: Might NOT be in the Future

Win's POV

"Have you ever............. like me, then?" He asked, my eyes widened upon hearing his question and my heart beats fast as if I ran in a marathon. Yes, I like you..

"H-huh?" I heard it correctly, but my brain is not working properly now that I have heard his words. I did know the answer but my mouth and my heart betrays me.

'I like you since...' I said on my mind.... not uttering words I kept on looking at him. His hopeful eyes looking back at me.

"Y-y-you? What are you saying??? The afternoon break will end s-soon. We have to go back to the students...." I said as I was about to stand up and leave, my knees were trapped by his knees and he pulls me closer to him. His hands were now on my waist. Great! As my breathing starting to get heavy due to our closeness and nervousness crept upon my system.

"Isn't y-your arm h-hurting? Look at how strong you are!" I said putting my hand to his shoulder to stop leaning more closer to him.

"Answer me, please..," he said as he still holding my hand and his other hand still on my waist. I saw his eyes pleading for my answer.

"Have you.......ever like me?" he asks me again staring back at me

ever like me?" he asks me again staring back at me

The old memories keep on flashing back. As I stare him.

You never knew that you were my star.

During my most helpless and cold times, you were my warmth; you were someone whom I relied on. You were my sunshine through my darkest days.

But you never knew.....

What kind of feelings I'd concealed or hide since....

"I.......like...... you" I said as I look back, his eyes that looks at me, so lovingly, I felt him flinched as he heard my three words

"I have always liked you" this is now or never. But I totally moved on. Did I? I ask my self. Did I already moved on? As I closed my eyes.

"I know it in myself, that I was bad-tempered, I was an eccentric type of persom. But you never kept a distance from me. When I was ignored and being leave out in the coldness, you stood by my side. I relied on you. "I sighed, trying to control my feelings. I can't do this anymore. Everything goes back. The tears I have shed. The pain....

"And I felt really lucky to have........ a friend liked you," I said it trying to suppress the pain I felt at this moment. I flash a smile at him. But inside I am screaming....I like you Bright..and it pained me so much to say those words to you but...now I know you're happy.

Pain I can see it in his eyes as he tilt his head looking towards the window. "I see. A friend, huh?" he said lowering his gaze and he let go of my arm standing as he wipes away the non-existant dust on his pants.