𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

"Uh- sitting down?" Robin stated, confused at the question.

"Well, obviously." Thranduil rolled his eyes at her response. "Why do you sit under the tree when you can climb and enjoy the view?"

They had enjoyed the company of the elk as they both got to ride him, but after a while he left. They had gone back to the tree, as Robin wanted to continue her work.

"That's a great question. I guess I just like it more in the safe and stable ground." She shrugged. But that wasn't the case, and they both knew it.

"So you just literally rode an elk, and now you're suddenly afraid of heights?" He raised an eyebrow, and she frowned. "I don't buy it."

"I didn't say that." She crossed her arms over her chest. "I just want to stay here, and enjoy the view from this perspective."

"Your loss, then." He shrugged, and went to climb the first branch. "I just thought you would like to watch the sunset from the best place in Arda."

She sighed, and closed her eyes in frustration. She loved sunsets just as much as watching the sunrise and stargazing, and she knew it would be probably the best view from the top of the giant tree.

"Fine." Robin said, and he stopped to look at her. "But you have to promise you won't make fun of me."

"Now, that's interesting." He answered, getting down from the branch and walking towards her.

She stayed silent, and took a deep breath. It wasn't the fact that she was admitting to not knowing how to do something that made her feel bad, but the reason behind why that had never happened was what hurt.

"I... have never climbed a tree."

Thranduil was shocked at the statement, as he could not picture an elf never climbing a tree. Trees were sacred to elves, and they had a very special connection with them. Climbing trees was something that they did almost instinctively since they were elflings, so it was strange to him that an elleth hadn't done it before. But then, if she told the truth, she hadn't been an elf for long.

"I know." She sighed. "I actually have no idea how to do it, so... I might just stay here."

He frowned, not understanding how she could want to miss on something that was so natural to him. Climbing trees had been an escape so many times as he grew up, that it had even saved his life a couple of times.

He knew they hadn't had the best start, and that they seemed to dislike each other quite a lot. But she had been very different today, especially during the time they spent with the elk. So maybe he could try and be nice to her, even if it would be just for once.

"I can show you, if you want?" He suggested, and her eyebrows rose in surprise. But she quickly shook her head.

"Don't worry, it's stupid anyways. I'm sure you have somewhere else to be, doing whatever princes are supposed to do."

He rolled his eyes at her stubbornness, but insisted nonetheless.

"Since when have you cared about what I should be doing?" He questioned, and she gave him that one. "Besides, I don't have anything else to do. Now, stop being stubborn and do as I say."

She rolled her eyes, but gave in. He stood on one side of the tree, and showed her the general idea of climbing, which was pretty easy.

"Now you do it."

She gripped the first branch with one hand and wrapped her other arm around the trunk, getting on top of it. She managed to do it fairly easily, but as she started ascending the fear started to take over.