Jean's Plan (JeanKasa)

"I don't want to sound harsh, but, just give up, Jean. Mikasa is never going to return your feelings." 

Jean looked up from where he sat sniffling in the tall grass. He, Connie, and Sasha were enjoying some free time frolicking in the flower fields before Captain Levi forced them to do some more cleaning in the cabin they were staying at. 

"But that's just the thing, Connie! I'm never going to get a girl!" He wailed, covering his face in his hands.

Sasha jumped up from where she was rolling around in the grass, mashed wildflowers practically glued to her hair. 

"HA! It's even funnier cause you literally saved her life from the grimy-ass hands of that Titan, and she STILL hasn't noticed you!" She burst out laughing and began to choke on a piece of flower. "ACK! Guys...help....choking..on..flower!" She fell to the ground and began to claw at her throat, but Connie and Jean ignored her. 

Connie had a thoughtful look on his face, and reasoned, "Ya know, maybe she doesn't know that you were the one who saved her, and that's why she hasn't mentioned it." 

Jean perked up at that, and his signature smirk glided smoothly onto his face. 

"Of course! That is the only plausible explanation! Remind me never to call you an idiot ever again, Connie!" He exclaimed, and Connie just glared at him.

 "Hey! I'm never an idiot!" He protested, "The only idiot out of all of us is Sasha!"

 They looked over to where Sasha laid passed out on the grass.

 Jean began to panic, "Holy shit! Is she even alive? I thought she was joking!"

 Connie hovered over her and leaned down close to her ear. "SASHA WAKE YO ASS UP!" 

Sasha was so startled that she landed in the branches of the tree they were sitting under. 

"WHAT THE HELL CONNIE? Ooooooh, this tree has fruit."

 Connie and Jean rolled their eyes. 

"Okay guys, you gotta help me make sure that Mikasa knows that I'm the one that saved her. Any ideas?" Jean asked, and Sasha hopped down from the tree, fruit juice dribbling down her chin. 

"Make her a cake that says "Yo baby girl, I saved you, now pay up" in pink icing!" She suggested excitedly. 

Jean facepalmed, "Yeah, no. What about you, Connie?"

Connie's face contorted into a devious smile. "Tell Eren to tell Mikasa that you saved her, AND that you are her unrequited love."

Jean gave Connie a blank stare. "I take back what I said about you not being an idiot." 

Sasha laughed and stuffed a piece of fruit into Connie's mouth before he could protest. 

Jean sighed, "Well, I guess we'll go with my plan."

 He reluctantly explained the plan to his friends. Sasha would go to Mikasa and ask her about her injuries, slipping Jean's part in saving Mikasa into the conversation, and then Connie would pop in and suggest that she thank Jean for his bravery. 

"And that's it. This should be pretty easy, even for you two. Got it?" Jean finished.

 Connie yawned and stretched, while Sasha slurped up the last of her fruit. 

"Got it!" They agreed in unison. 

As Jean watched them walk back towards the cabin, looking for Mikasa, he thought, please don't screw this up...