Chapter 13

"So tell me more about yourself"

Me and Draco had been sat at the top of the astronomy tower for hours now, laughing and joking with each other whilst nobody else is around to interfere and judge us. We had been getting quite close lately, since his little trip to the infirmary, however we would never be seen together around anybody else, honestly I felt quite like his dirty little secret, like maybe he was embarrassed of me or something. Or maybe that's just me overthinking. Merlin knows.

"What do you want to know?" I reply to him, my head is rested on his lap while his hands play with my hair, I enjoyed these little moments, it felt good to be with him even if I wasn't 'officially' with him. He disconnects out eye contact as he looks out into the outside in front of us, his eyebrows furrowing and eyes narrowing, showing me he's deeply thinking about what to ask me.

"Tell me about your family, your upbringing, I want to know you to the best of my capacity" he smiles, connecting our eye contact once more and kissing my forehead, wow do I love him like this. Love? No. That would be silly, especially this soon. Let me correct myself. I LIKE him when he's this sweet, too bad he only rarely shows this side of him, in secret moments only the two of us share.

"Well" I start, taking a deep breath while I recall my memories in my mind and look to the sky outside. "My father and I rarely got along, he was a very angry man who only cared about his role in the Ministry of Magic and how other Wizarding families saw him . He would hit my mother in private for the most stupid things like if she forgot to top up his whiskey once his glass was empty , I don't recall any memories from my childhood where she didn't have a bruise somewhere on her body." I sigh thinking back on how things once were.

"I'm so sorry Y/n, if I knew any of this I wouldn't have brought it up" he shuffles uncomfortably, probably thinking he's upset me yet strokes my head to comfort me, I didn't want him to feel sorry for me, that was never my intention but it does feel nice to have someone listen to me for once, "Don't be honestly, that was a long time ago now, I've had plenty of time to work past that dark time and anyways the story gets a lot brighter, my mum finally decided to run away from my father, we spent years in hiding together yet they were the best days of my life, she was my best friend and we had the time of our lives together. My father finally met his fait and paid for all his disgusting actions when the Dark Lord murdered him during his reign." I tell him whist I smile up to him to show him that I'm no longer bothered about my bad past and it doesn't affect me anymore.

"Thank you for trusting me enough to share that with me Y/n, it means more to me than you'll ever know." He tells me, returning my gesture and smiling back down at me. I lift myself up to meet his height and touch my forehead with his while I wrap my arms around him, we sit staring into each other's eyes for a few seconds until he meets his lips with mine, yet this kiss isn't a hungry one, it's more of a small but reassuring one, a kiss that creates millions of butterflies inside of my stomach because I know it's a kiss that means something.

I slowly pull away, an obvious smile plastered on my face. "Now now Draco, you're not the only nosy one here, it's now my turn to ask you a question" I laugh and I take a seat next to him and place my head on his shoulder, I feel his body tense up a little bit at my statement, I can tell he's scared of opening up to anyone, scared nobody around him can be trusted enough to know any weakness he may have, no matter how deep or shallow they may be.

"Well go on then" he says, playfully rolling his eyes at the same time. "Have you ever been in love?" I ask him cautiously, afraid he might blow up on me at any second. I've been wanting to know this for so long now but I've always been way too afraid to ask him.We sit there in silence for around 10 seconds, I know he needs his time to comprehend my question and think about his answer but I'm just dying to know of any of his past relationships and of any possible competition whom I will gladly beat up.

"I thought I was in love with Daphne Greengrass in first year if that counts, she was my first ever little crush and I'm pretty sure I convinced myself that I was in love for a good few months." He chuckles as he puts his arm around me, pulling me closer and kisses the top of my head. Phew. Thank merlin for that. I join him and let out a little chuckle myself, yet this wasn't due to the fact I found his little story humorous, no it's because I was relieved there was nobody else in his life. "What about you?" He blurts out, rotating his head to look at me as he eagerly waits for my answer. Well I wasn't expecting this, what do I tell him? I don't want him to think I'm a slut.

"Uhm.." I shift uncomfortably as I try think of a good enough answer without revealing too much too soon, he will know everything soon, but for now I must miss out and blag a few details.

"I believe so once, I met him at my old school and we instantly clicked, first we started off as friends and became closer and closer by the day, yes, I do believed I loved him, and I believe a part of me always will but he's not the same, sweet boy I used to know anymore, he changed, we went through so much together yet that wasn't good enough for him" I share, I can see he is disappointed with this yet I didn't want to start whatever relationship we have going on here on lies, we need to get everything out in the open. I say that while keeping multiple secrets,merlin am I awful person for this, but it will be for the best it the long run.

"What happened between you two?" He asked, clearly more curious than he was disheartened, "He chose other things over me, he strived for power, and he thought I would only get in the way and hold him back from his success so he left me, left the school, and disappeared so he wouldn't have the guilt of my broken heart on his shoulders" I stare out into the outside as I recall all the memories with him in my head, the good ones and the bad, how I wish he never left, things would be so different for us both now.

"Well he sounds like a bitch" Draco states making me snap out of my thoughts and burst out laughing. "You don't even know the half of it" I laugh.

Sorry for not updating in so long! I didn't think so many people were reading my story and waiting for a new chapter! Thankyou so much!

Sorry this chapter didn't have too much going on, I just wanted to give you a bit of background on Y/n and her past.