capitulo uno.

3 weeks prior...

The sounds of the trumpets blaring, strumming of the guitar strings, and banging of the bongos as the Mariachi plays. My family is laughing joyously in the car as we are on family vacation driving from Santa Monica, California to Cancún, Mexico. From the pictures I've seen of Mexico, especially Cancún's beaches are far from nauseating. I noticed how I forgot to say my name huh? My name is Samantha Garcia Montecarlo-Vazquez, but you don't have to say all of that, just call me Sammie Vazquez.

You know, I really have been wanting to go to Mexico for a long time now, it's stupid how my idiot brother got to go before me. His name is Antonio and he's in the back playing on his DS Mario 64. He's like 20 and still lives with madre and papa. It's pretty pathetic if you ask me, but I'm like 17, still a kid, not like I know any better huh? I have younger siblings, Luis and Alexa, they aren't twins but they look alike. I guess us siblings are supposed to look somewhat different from one another...but who am I to judge. You know what I think is crazy, my first name is not Mexican, it's pretty weird, eh whatever, I can't just tell my madre to shoot me back up the good 'ole Fallopian tube, she'd beat me with her chancla.