Chapter 7: The tax benefits would be nice.

A few weeks later and Spencer is moving into your place.

You go over to help him pack and move some things over but even then he wasn't letting you do much and enlisted the help of Morgan and Garcia. You had been put on book duty, which was just putting his books into some boxes. You weren't even allowed to move them when they were done.

After that the band of you worked on clearing out your office which wasn't a difficult task since you barely used it, all that needed to be done was moving your desk into the master bedroom so Spencer had space for his bed and things. It was exhausting but you managed to get it all done in one weekend, which was a feat amongst itself.

Cohabiting with Spencer was different, but it was way easier than you thought it was going to be. You had thought there would be fights every night while the two of you adjusted from individual to shared spaces but Spencer seemed to make it easy. Everything was just easier with Spencer right there. It felt like this was how it was supposed to be with you too, it felt right.

It wasn't long before the two of you settled into a rhythm. When Spencer wasn't away, you woke up around the same time. You'd make coffee while he made breakfast, you'd sit and eat quickly. Sometimes you'd talk about menial things, sometimes you'd sit in amicable silence, too tired from the night to hold a conversation. You'd ride together to work, The Mamas and Papas playing through your speaker. You'd ignore each other for the most part at work unless he was barging into your office to make you eat or take your prenatal vitamins, which you found annoying at first but soon became endearing. Then you'd drive home together, make dinner and watch a movie, which you alternated between Sci-fi's he liked and Disney, before going to bed and doing it all over again.

When Spencer was away though was when it was rough. You were perfectly capable of taking care of yourself, sure but being alone was not fun. You had gotten so used to your shared space that being alone in it felt off. Spencer felt like home to you.

You knew you had fallen off the deep end when Spencer came home from the case one night, frowning and grumbling. You were sitting on the couch reading, glasses perched on your nose when you looked up at the man.

"Hey, you okay?" You ask.

Spencer just sighs. "This case was just extremely irritating." He says, putting his coat and things away. Before you know it, Spencer is lying across the couch, head falling on your lap. You moved your book so he wouldn't accidentally brain himself. "The Unsub was just a kid. They bullied and tortured him everyday and the adults did absolutely nothing so of course the kid had a psychotic break. And then, Hotch got on me for calling the principal out on his bullshit."

"Spencer, I also worked this case. I know what happened." You laugh.

Spencer looks at you like you're crazy. "I'm not talking to you. I'm talking to the baby." He looks up at you. "A lot of studies show that talking to the baby in the developmental stage leads to a higher IQ."

"Oh should I leave?" You say, sarcastically. Spencer rolls his eyes at you. "Can you bring your conversation down to a whisper so I can read?" You ask. Spencer nods, turning in your lap so he can fully face your stomach. You watched the man whisper softly about his week to your bump. You don't know when exactly you did it but your hand somehow wound up in Spencer's hair, toying with the tresses as you turned back to your book. You were comfortable like that but after a while you zoned out of your book and into what Spencer was saying.

"I would never let something like this happen to you. I can't promise kids won't be cruel but I can promise that your mom and I love you so much and will do whatever we can to protect you." He whispers, hand drifting to your bump. You smiled, turning back to your book. Spencer seemed to always know the right things to say, to you and the baby though she couldn't hear them yet. It was one of the many reasons you loved him.