Heart attacks-Hajime Hinata

I have no idea what this is. Lmao. I'm sorry y'all. This does have cursing but no other warnings

Hajime groaned, he slung an arm across his face and tried to get some sleep.

     It had been one hell of a restless night. Tossing and turning, Hajime just couldn't shake this pit in his stomach. Something was terribly wrong.

     He had debated going to your cabin so many times. Just to check. Everything had to be fine, right? It was too late at night. He didn't want to wake you. At least one of you deserved to get some rest.

But what if you were resting a little too well?

   No. He had to get that thought out of his head. The doors had locks on them, and you were peacefully asleep behind yours. You just had to be. You had promised him up and down that you would lock your door every time you were alone, and swore you wouldn't open the door for anybody. Under any circumstances. The two of you had devised a special knock
To use whenever it was him at the door, and another knock to use if it was him, but something was wrong, and not to open the door.

     It was probably far more intricate than it needed to be, but it was the only thing that calmed Hajime's nerves. You were his best friend, at least, that's what he kept telling himself. But whenever he thought about your soft lips, your touch, how nice your hands would feel in his hair-

WOAH.

     That was enough of that. You were in the middle of a killing game for God's sake. Now was NOT the time to be forming emotional attachments, and certainly not falling in love. As much as he tried to deny it, the thought of something happening to you made him nauseous. He needed you.

    "Fuck it." With a disgruntled mumble, Hajime slung his legs out of bed and tossed on a sweater. He clearly wasn't going to be able to rest until he checked, so might as well get it over with. Trudging out into the humid air, Hajime blinked his bleary eyes, trying to get to your cottage without tripping over something, or accidentally knocking on Nagito's cottage instead. He rapped on the door four times. That was your code for "It's me Hajime. At 3 in the morning apparently. I'm alone and it's safe to open the door." He leaned against the cool wooden frame and waited. For just a touch too long.You really weren't that deep of a sleeper. He knocked again. No response. Again. Nothing. Something was wrong.

    Carefully, ever so carefully, Hajime reached for the doorknob, turning it as slowly as possible.

unlocked.

    You never, EVER, left your door unlocked. Hajime could feel that pit in his stomach sink a little bit deeper. He pushed the door open as quietly as he could, and peered inside the dark cabin.

Gone.

You were fucking gone.

     God knows how long Hajime stood in that doorway, blinking into the dark room and rubbing his eyes, like your disappearance had to just be a trick of the light. He had never stepped so cautiously into a room in his entire life. Your bedsheets were ruffled, but empty. So you had to have been here recently. Nothing was overturned, no blood, no sign of struggle. It was like you just vanished.

     Hajime stumbled, bracing his weight against the wall, he covered his mouth. Bile burned in his throat as hot tears streamed down his cheeks. "She's okay." He whispered to himself. "She's fine. Nothing happened." He barely felt the scrape of the paint against his shoulder as he fell to the floor of your cabin. He had been doing so well, handling it all. He kept encouraging the others, picking apart monokuma's motives, finding the blackened, time and time again he kept his stoicism. But you? God, you were the last straw. You were his rock. Whenever he felt unsure of himself, you'd be there, hand on his shoulder, you brought him hope.

   Now you were god knows where. You weren't supposed to leave for anything, you promised him. He loved you. He was an idiot for never telling you. He loved you more than anything, now you were gone, the only reason you would have left was because you were dead. It was the only possibility. You were dead and gone, and now he would never be able to tell you how he felt. Hajime buried his face in his hands and wept.

....."Hajime?"

    Hajime didn't bother looking up. If it was your blackened, so be it.

  "Hajime, what the hell are you doing?"

      Hajime felt a hand on his shoulder, then his face, and then a sharp yank on his hair jolted his head up. Ow! He quickly moved to wipe his eyes, blinking them a few times. There, as they focused, was the very concerned and slightly agitated love of his life.

      Your hair was a massive tangle, your pyjamas disheveled, and your eyes squinting because of the light, because you were tired, because your best friend was sobbing on your bedroom floor at three in the morning, who knows? But to Hajime, you were an Angel. The two of you stared, wide eyed, at each other for a second, before Hajime launched himself at you, pulling you tight to his chest.

   "Oh my god you're alive. Jesus Christ Y/N, where were you? You promised me you wouldn't leave for anything."

    You feel heat rise to your cheeks as you pat Hajime's back. You didn't think him not being to find you would be this much of a problem. "I'm sorry. Really. I just forgot something in the restaurant. Nobody else is awake, I didn't think-"

    "You went there by yourself?"

  Hajime's grip tightened to the brink of pain. That was NOT what he wanted to hear.

"...yeah."

   Hajime pulls away from you, hands gripping your shoulders, making you look at him.

"Don't ever do that again. Get me. Wake me. I don't want you going anywhere this late by yourself. If something happens to you, I don't know what I'll do."

    He looks down at the floor, avoiding your eyes. He sighs heavily. "Y/N, I love you. I really really do. I can't lose you. I just can't. I'm sorry for freaking you out this late, but I had this feeling. That something might have happened and I couldn't ignore it." He brings his eyes to meet yours.

     You nod silently, bringing your hands over his forearms, his hands still on your shoulders. The two of you look at each other for a second, and you pull him into you, locking your lips together in a long, sweet kiss. You cradle his face in your hands. He wraps his around your waist and pulls you closer to him, deepening the kiss. When you finally break away for air, you press your foreheads together, panting.

   "Stay with me. You won't have to worry about something happening to me."

You can feel him cock an eyebrow.

     "I mean it Hajime. Stay with me." You pull away from him fully, standing up, and offering him your hand. You pull him to his feet, and guide him towards your bed. You climb in, and beckon him underneath the blankets, which he awkwardly obliges. You wrap your arms around his neck, and rest yourself onto his chest. You press a sweet kiss to his cheek, and nestle your face into his neck.

    "No more heart attacks for the night, okay?"

"Yeah. Okay."