1{eli}

prompt: the matches become real and eli enjoys suffering a little bit too much.

lowercase intended

!!mentions of blood,death,small amount of gore!!

short one, sorry

word count: 356

~ enjoy ~

The familiar ringing echoed throughout Moonlight River Park, indicating that someone's been hit. This was their first real match. Every survivor and hunter had been given a letter the prior evening about the manor becoming realistic. In order to "'spice up" the game, if you died (doesn't matter how) you would be dead forever. The same thing if you escape injured, you will not be healed after the match. The heart-striking pain that echoes throughout your bones will no longer be healed. You will not survive. This is real.

Eli Clark was one of the survivors to be chosen for the first match, accompanied by Emily Dyer, Mike Morton, and Emma Woods. Eli stopped decoding his cipher and began to spectate whoever was the first to experience the torturous, permanent wound. Soon after, Eli flinched at the terrorshock. It was truly unfortunate that Emily had been found first. Although he soon became confused as she was never picked up. The hunter, Smiley Face, sat there, staring at her with cold, unpitiful eyes. Were the hunters really going to make us bleed out now that the new rule was announced? That's... that's cruel. No, that's beyond cruel. They're monsters.

However, no matter how much he tried, Eli couldn't look away from Emily. He didn't have a "crush" or anything, in fact Emily sometimes got on his nerves with her go-to attitude. Eli felt glee in watching the blood soak out from her body. He watched as she became weaker and how she could barely hold herself up. One cipher was remaining and Eli was confident he had crows however, there's something so beautiful in watching human life disappear as if it means nothing. As if it's meaningless. Finally Emily died.. except her body did not disappear like it normally does. It stayed. Without thinking his legs started moving and Eli found himself before he knew it in front of the corpse. The once living and cheerful Emily was now deceased. And it was beautiful.