Voyage of the Damned

You know how you thought that it was all done, happy endings and smiley faces?  Well, I was actually a bit too embarrassed to admit that I had done some pretty. awful. things. after. that.  But, I guess that maybe confessing what I had done would lighten up the mood and the guilt that I have about it.

The story doesn’t stop there though; it just stops for a while.  Remember my father?  Remember my mother?  It took a few months at camp, but I finally realized something important.

If I had told someone what had happened to my mother and I, then they would just say “Move on, what happened had happened and there is no way that you can change it.”  Well guess what, it didn’t happen yet.  My mother was still alive, my father was still rising, and there was not anything there to stop me.

I had the trust of the entire camp, eventually the one that had made the bomb gone off by shooting it with an arrow had admitted that he hadn’t put the bomb on the Dalek.  He informed them that I was the one that had told him to shoot it, otherwise he would have never known.

When I was asked about it, I told them the truth.  I told them that I had the bomb and I had attached it to the Dalek, and they believed me because some people had recalled seeing a blur of red hair before the bomb went off.  Now, all the demigods of camp respect me and often ask why I haven’t been claimed yet.  Whenever I was asked, I simply went along with it and told them that I don’t understand why either.

Then came the night that changed my side forever, the night when Luke had talked to me.  I had been practicing throwing knives and he was my teacher during the conversation.

“Nice one, what is your name again?” he asked me after I had finally thrown a knife that stabbed the board.  I picked another one up and answered as I thrown it.

“The Loner,” I answered, the knife then buried itself into the side of the wooden target.  I felt proud of the accomplishment, for some reason most demigods were masters at throwing sharp things by the time they throw their third knife but I had trouble with it.

“Is that really your name?” he questioned as I held a knife up, about to aim.  He moved so he could see the aiming and instructed me to move it a little higher.  I did so and threw it.

“Yeah,” I answered tiredly, I wished that I could just have that conversation once and get it over with.  Not saying the same thing every single time I talked to someone new.  The dagger went right into the middle, finally.  When I reached down to get another dagger, Luke stopped me.

“I think that you have practiced enough for one day,” he told me, gesturing me to go to the bench to take a break.  I shrugged and sat on the wooden bench, reaching underneath it to grab my bottle of water and then I chugged it down.

“I just don’t get it,” he admitted.  I stopped drinking my water and screwed the cap back on.

“Don’t get what?"

Luke sighed then looked at me.  “I don’t get you, why aren’t you claimed yet?”

I shrugged again and leaned back into the chair.  “Maybe my parent thinks that it is better for everyone if no one knows that they are my parent,” I guessed.  “Could be many reasons, but I don’t really mind.”

“Don’t mind?” he asked, surprised by my response.  He sat on the bench next to me and said, “I have been sharing the same cabin with you for a few months now and I know that you should be claimed.  But do you know the real reason of why you are not claimed?”  I shook my head and he continued to rant.  “It’s because the gods don’t care about their children, none of them do.  The only children that are claimed are the ones that are ‘heroes’ and stupid things like that.  They don’t care about the rest of them that are trying to impress them.”

“Sure, I can see that.  But what can we do about it?” I asked.

“The gods depend on us, they couldn’t exist without us.  It is about time that we allow the Titians to rise and take over,” he explained.  “We join their side and fight for them.  Then, they will give us the respect that we deserve.”

I stared forward, processing the information.  Then it snapped into place, the Titian war was just beginning.  My mother was still alive, my father was still rising and Percy was still going to become the hero of the gods.  The realization came over me and I realized that if I wanted to save my mother and allow my father to rise, I could simply kill Percy, whom didn’t even know who his father was yet, and all would be okay.

I looked up at Luke in the eyes; a slight smirk was planted on his face.  “Are you willing to join our side?” he asked, his hand stuck out.

I lifted my hand and shook his.  “You now got a daughter of Kronos on your side.”

Now that phrase really surprised Luke, his eyes popped and his grip became tighter.  “That makes a lot of sense,” he muttered.  “But how did you get into camp, through the burrier?”

“I have a way with technology, and I am probably going to be your most valuable resource of information.”