Chapter 5- Home Sweet Home

"Why are there so many people here?" I question.

"The fans figured out you are here. It's all right everything will be fine." Stephanie smiles and grabs my hand.

Her touch sent tingles through my hand and put butterflies in my stomach. All of the worry, drifted away. I felt safe. It's crazy how just a touch could make you feel so much.

"Just keep your cool, Cal. Just make your way to the car and don't stop." Mikey smiles.

We walked through the door and as soon as my foot touched the sidewalk people were screaming things at me.

"Calum, we love you!!"

"Get well soon Cal!"

"Calum have my babies!!!"

This is literally insane. I knew our band was big, but I didn't know that we were this big! Isn't it every guys dream to have millions of girls screaming your name? In theory it sounds great, but when it's really happening it's just...weird.

After we finally made our way to the car, the anxiety left my body. I actually felt some what normal...or as normal as I can feel in this situation.

"Cal, you okay?" Stephanie asked after we had gotten settled in the car.

I gave her a soft smile and looked down at our intertwined fingers. She started to pull her hand away, but I grabbed it back and for the first time I can remember I see Stephanie smile.

The driver starts the car and a silence surrounds us. It wasn't exactly comfortable, but it wasn't uncomfortable.

The driver turned on the radio and I heard a familiar noise of a guitar strumming.

"I drove by all the places we use to hang out getting wasted. I thought about our last kiss the way it felt, the way you tasted..."

This song sounds so familiar, but I can't exactly put a name on it.

"And even though your friends tell me you're doing fine, Are you somewhere feeling lonely even though he's right beside you? When he says those words to hurt you do you read the ones I wrote you?"

The song is so familiar. It almost brings tears to my eyes because I can tell this song has so many memories behind it. This song is special to me, I know it. Where do I know it from?

"Sometimes I start to wonder, was it just a lie? If what we had was real, how could you be fine? 'Cuz I'm not fine at all."

It was obvious everyone in the car knew the song as well, Ashton was tapping his fingers along to it almost perfectly, Scarlet was singing along while Luke and Michael were bobbing their heads to the music, but Stephanie was looking directly at me. It was almost as if she was trying to see my reaction to it. Um okay then?

"I remember the day you told me you were leaving. I remember the makeup running down your face. The dreams you left behind, you didn't need them. Like every single wish we ever made..."

Damn this song is emotional.

"I wish that I could wake up with Amnesia and forget about the stupid little things, like the way it felt to fall asleep next to you and the memories I never can escape. 'Cuz I'm not fine at all..."

What the hell?

"Who would write a song about wanting to wake up with amnesia? That's literally insane!" I say making my opinion known.

"Calum, that's your song..." Stephanie responds, seeming very uncomfortable.

I raise my eyebrow at her signaling,I don't understand what she means.