Corey & Killer

Chapter: Nine

There hasn't been anything going on in an entire week.

No Dread Doctors, no new Chimeras or.. better yet, no dying chimeras.

But also no pack meetings in an entire week, Zara has really been all over the place. She's been hanging out with Stiles and Lydia and sometimes Lyla while they're searching for the Nemeton, she's been hanging out Jackson and Isaac to get closer with them more, lots of video game sessions of them complaining about getting their assess kicked.

She's been watching Lyla while she practices her archery in the woods, and she's been teaching Zara a little bit as well. She hasn't talked to Malia since that night when she saw her crying and leaving with Kira, turns out Kira's parents took her away because her fox was starting to overpower her and that's why she got arrested for homicide, she was possessed by her fox and the spirit killed a chimera.

She'd also been hanging out with Corey, Mason, Liam, and Hayden.

She didn't quite understand why but she felt very protective over all of them, it was a pack thing but.. it was also a maternal thing. They were just sophomores who ended up in this supernatural mess at a young age, they reminded her of herself when she got turned, just being confused all the time, always looking over her shoulder for the next possible threat.

With all the time she had on her hands she got a real chance to talk to Derek for a few hours on the phone, she told him about the repressed memory that surfaced from the Dread Doctors book, it wasn't a huge drama and she didn't cry because there was nothing to cry about anymore. Zara was happy that she got a chance to be part of another family, they took her in and they loved and cherished her, and though she may have lost both sets of parents, she still had her siblings.

She also told Derek about Theo and how his plan to split up the pack is working perfectly because nobody is even talking to Scott and Malia pretty much has been on airplane mode since Kira left. She had to reassure Derek that he needs to stay right where he is and that Zara and everyone else will be fine, he was happy with the packs in South America, he had a legacy to uphold. The Hale pack had been around for years and Derek and Cora were the remaining two left (Peter is too but that nut-job is locked in Eichen to he's a nonfactor).

It was Monday of the next week, there was bit of a change considering Zara was being dragged into the library by the grip of Stiles Stilinski with Theo following behind them, when she finally able to have her wrist back Theo got to talking.

"You know if you and Lydia find the Nemeton she's gonna find Donovan right?" Theo reminds the two of them.

Jokes on Theo, he doesn't know that Lydia already knows about Donovan.

Stiles blinks, "She's also gonna find Josh."

"Well maybe she should." Theo says, Zara furrows her brows, "I think things are different for Scott now, especially with what he did to Corey. I don't think he's blame us for defending ourselves." he pauses, looks at Stiles, "I know he won't blame you."

Zara scoffs, "He better not, or I'll break his arm."

But Stiles just looks lost, he's starring at something behind him, right where Donovan's body was that night.

Zara frowns before grabbing his shoulders, he quickly snaps out of it before giving her a small nod to say that he's okay. She scans his expression and she's not convinced, he's definitely not okay. He hasn't slept, his hair looks like he hasn't bothered with it in days, the guilt is eating him alive and lying is making it so much worse.