apartment/park love

Calum only had one class on Wednesdays and it was right after when Ash and him usually finish their coffee shop visits. Ashton had been talking to Charlotte a lot more and was even planning on taking her out on a date that Saturday. Calum was happy for his friend, but a little feeling of jealously was sitting in the back of his mind. Calum hadn't been out on a date in a while, or had a girlfriend for close to 3 years. He would've say he's lonely but then he'd be admitting that he is, in fact, lonely and he didn't want that to happen. He didn't want to seem desperate.

Calum walked back to his apartment, thinking about Ashton and his new girlfriend. He mostly dwelled on the fact that he didn't call dibs on her first. Calum usually got girls before Ashton and this whole thing is making him doubt his skills.

Back in high school, Calum was hook up king. All the girls wanted him. But, when he got to college, it was different. Many of the stupid girls he had flings with didn't want to keep fooling around with him. He didn't know how to get girls the normal way, without seducing them and only using them for sex. That's why he hadn't had a girlfriend. He simply didn't know how it worked.

Calum shook off his thoughts about girls and dating when he walked into his apartment. Ever since he was a teenager, he always wanted a place of his very own. So, two years ago, him and one of his friends bought this flat together. That was around the same time when he got Max.

Max was a golden retriever and the best dog that any man would ask for. Calum had had Max since he was only a puppy. He was always loyal to Calum. Now he was a grown two-year-old dog. Calum kinda wished he had grown, too, since than, but everything had stayed relatively the same.

His apartment was a prime example of that. The two bedroom, one bathroom had always been messy and full of clutter. Calum closed the door and kicked his shoes off as Max barked and ran up to Calum.

"Hey, buddy." Calum greeted his best friend. He patted his head and Max was subdued, following his master into the kitchen. He plopped his messenger bad on the counter.

"Mate, what do think of this shirt?" His roommate, Luke, walked through his bedroom door, holding a grey button up by the hanger.

"It's alright." Calum shrugged and went over to refill Max's water bowl. Max happily barked as Calum turned the faucet on.

"Alright? Just alright?" Luke asked, looking in the mirror.

"Yeah, Luke, it looks fine."

Luke whined and Calum could see him throwing clothes around in his room. Calum sighed and went to stand in the doorway.

"What is your problem?" Calum said.

"Elise is coming over tonight and it's our anniversary and, shit, I'm just nervous." Luke sat down on his unmade bed. Unlike Calum, Luke has been in a steady relationship for a while now. Luke was never the ladies man like Calum. He was much more experienced with dating girls than his roommate. He met Elise because they had the same major and grew the balls to ask her on a date one day. She turned him down, but Luke never gave up.

Calum already had Luke's relationship to be jealous of and then Ashton had to be a man or whatever and ask Charlotte on a date. Calum prayed that his other best friend, Michael, hadn't magically found a girlfriend overnight.

"Why are you even stressing? You guys have been together for, like, forever. It's just a date." Calum attempted to reassure his friend, but he didn't do a very good job. Luke knew he shouldn't be worried because he loved Elise and Elise loved him back and this anniversary was only a celebration of their year spent together.

"I just want it to be perfect. You know El is a perfectionist." Luke said while picking up random items of clothing and throwing them mindlessly into his closet. "She point out one little wrong thing and I'll hate myself forever."