Chapter 11

Jim, Pam and I sat in the break room, we were going over what we were going to do for the race.

"So what’s your strategy for this race?" Jim asked Pam.

"Well I’m gonna start fast." Jim nodded.

"Then I’m gonna run fast in the middle." I chuckled.

"What?"

"Then I’m gonna end fast." Pam explained.

"Why won’t more people do that?" I asked as Jim laughed.

"Cause they’re just stupid." Pam replied.

We all laughed as Michael made his way into the break room, Stanley was glaring at him.

"Finish your threesome, and get back to work." He laughed at his joke.

Michael, Dwight, Pam, Jim and I sat in the conference room.

"We have raised, almost $700.00, most of it from me and Jan." I rolled my eyes.

"Um… when do they put that on the giant check? Or is that something that we write in later?" Michael asked me.

"Well a giant check costs about $200.00 to make up. I have a print shop standing by but… What do you think Michael, that’s over 25% of our funds?" I told him.

"Hmm… That’s a tough decision. Um… I always imagined it with a giant check. So…"

"Yeah, I mean I personally am definitely on board for the giant check." Jim said as he put his hand on my thigh.

"Giant check it is." Pam wrote it down.

"Yeah."

"Yep."

"Well I don’t know, on the other hand it does leave less money for bat birth control." Dwight told us.

"Bat birth control." Jim said just to make it clear.

"Wait, this money is going to bat birth control, right Michael, that’s what you told me when I contributed." Michael avoided his eyes.

"You didn’t contribute very much. I was also hoping to hand the giant check to a rabies doctor. And how’s that been going?" Michael asked Pam.

"Not well. A doctor won’t come out to collect a check for $700.00, or $500.00 if we go with the giant check."

"Which we are." Jim squeezed my thigh.

"And also there is no such thing as a rabies doctor." I told him trying to remove Jim's hand.

"What about a rabies nurse?"

"I don’t think so." Pam and I told Michael.

"You know what though, I’ve actually seen ads for nurses that you can hire by the hour, for parties and bachelor events." Jim told Michael.

"That’s possible. Look into that."

"Great, it’s gonna cost a couple a hundred buck and ah… oh actually more with tips." I grabbed his hand.

"Maybe we should just skip the ceremony and setup a college fund for Meredith’s son." Dwight suggested.

"Have you met that kid? He’s not going to college." Michael told him.

I pulled Jim out into the hallway, immediately I hit his chest.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked him.

"Nothing."

"Really? You're extra touchy, and." Jim cut me off by pulling me in for a kiss.

Jim pulled away, biting his lip.

"I just wanted to let you know how much I love you." I gave him a look.

"We're not making out in the closet." I patted his chest.

"Please."

Pam was pacing back and forth, telling us about what happened with her and Michael.

"So I closed the door but the image of his..."

"Baquette." I hit Jim's shoulder.

"Dangling participle..." I grimaced.

"Eww."

"Still burned in my eyes."

"We can imagine." Jim said for us as Michael knocked on the door.

"Come in." Pam said.

"May I enter the room?" Michael still stood behind the door.

"Yes. Or come in." Pam sat beside me.

"See how I did that." He finally walked in.

"That's the way you should enter a room. You knock and then you wait for the all clear."

"You couldn't have taken off all your clothes in the men's room?" Jim told him.

"Yes, but I have an office, so why would I do that." Michael asked.

"On average, how many hours a day do you spend naked in your office? Just ballpark." I asked him.

"European offices are naked all the time."

"They're so not." Pam said.

"Besides my shirt tail covered most of it so..." I rose a brow.

"I didn't see where it started but I saw where it ended." Jim and I sighed.

"Gross." I shook my head.

"That's not gross, it is the human body. What is your problem?" Michael asked.

"Pam, you're an artist, right? Think of me as one of your models." Pam grimaced again.

"OK, you know what, I don't want this to detract from what we really need to be thinking about today, it's not fair to people with rabies. And that's the point, right?" Michael asked.

"OK, let's go have some fun."

"Alright." Jim agreed as Michael left.

"Come on, let's go get ready." I said dragging Pam out the door.