Chapter 4

The morning was clear and whimsical. Few people filled the streets as the weekend began. Analia was grateful as she saw people passing by through her window. Everything was calm. No noise from the workers outside nor the occasional horns of cars. She sipped her tea as she sat back down on her couch, reading a poem from her favorite book, "the princess saves herself in this one". Every word from the poem was absorbed by Analia, letting her intentions be free as her day started.

Today was the day Angel and her were going to take a stroll in the park. Analia hadn't planned out the day completely. She wanted to go with the flow and see how it goes, rather than doing something which can ruin the atmosphere. This day was all about maintaining serenity and connecting; planning would only wither the day's intentions. That's why Analia didn't even look at the weather on her phone. She just let everything be.

Analia wore a black turtleneck with a black short satin dress, skin-colored tights, and black seamless socks. For shoes, she had on a pair of black thick boots. She placed all her belongings in her jacket's pocket before heading outside. Before leaving her apartment, she spritzed vanilla perfume around her body.

Outside the cold air penetrated her exposed skin, sinking deeply to the bone. Analia inhaled sharply as the icy air surrounded her. A shiver ran down her spine before zipping up her jacket and grabbing her gloves. The fuzzy heat reduced the coldness of her hands, quickly shoving them into her pockets as she walked to the bus stop. It didn't take long for the bus to arrive, which was unusual seeing the bus was never on time.

Analia listened to music as the bus went by. Old and new buildings crossed her eyes quickly, just like the occasional trees around the area. Her eyes closed, completely focusing on her playlist. The bus ride was a bit long, which wasn't much of a bother when considering a somewhat empty bus and good music.

Minutes passed once Analia started to imagine scenarios, of today, in her head. Thoughts of passing the entire day with Angel made her chest tighten, and a smile formed on her lips. They haven't seen each other for a while, so knowing she would see him today brought her joy.

The bus stopped abruptly, causing Analia to jerk her eyes open. She looked outside and saw her stop was a few blocks away. She sighed in relief, happy to not have missed her stop. She cursed herself mentally for having daydreamed for too long.

It wasn't long since she came off the bus. Cold air once again piercing her exposed skin. She walked rapidly to the entrance of Central Park, going inside for a visible place to meet up with Angel. She reached into her pocket in search of her phone. But once she turned a corner, a pair of large hands grabbed hers abruptly, pulling her into their body. Her eyes widened in shock with the sudden contact. She looked up, just to meet with a pair of pure honey brown eyes and a seraphic smile.

"Analia," Angel said. Her heart sped up as she completely stared into his eyes, drowning in the pure brown.

"Angel," she let out. After a few seconds, she had completely processed what was happening. She left his embrace, a nervous laugh leaving her mouth as she tried to calm her heart.

"Please look where you're walking next time. You could have stumbled upon that trash bin," he chuckled. Analia looked at the bin he was referring to, just to see herself a few steps away. Her cheeks heated up, embarrassment downing on her.

"Thank you. I will watch out next time, " she muttered. Her head was low, trying to avoid his piercing eyes. Angel looked at her, a small smirk forming on his lips before intertwining his fingers with her own. Analia's eyes widened from feeling the sudden contact and swiftly looked at him.

"We don't want a pretty lady, such as yourself, stumbling upon other things, now do we?" he asked. Analia's cheeks heated up once again as she looked away. His teasing words squeezed her heart, as she knew it was just a pretext for him to hold her hand.