6

"You liar!" I screamed, shaking my head vigorously. "I hate you! I hate you!" I felt my hair slap against the side of my face. It felt like her hand. I started to scream, not knowing what else to do that could allow me to let out my anger. My hands swiped at the things on my desk, causing them to fall onto the floor. I threw everything close to me against the wall, whether it was hairpins, a small vase, books. I didn't care.

I began to kick everything in my path that was laying on the floor, and continued to throw things and scream until my rage disappeared. Once that had happened, I looked around at the mess I had created. There was broken glass under and beside my bed, half my curtain was ripped off, and many clothes were on the ground, along with a few broken hangers. Pens, ripped books, and other pieces of clutter littered the floor. I bent down to pick up a particular art piece, one that I was especially fond of. It was ripped down the middle, and water from a cup sitting on my dresser had spilled all over it. It was nothing now. Nothing but trash.

And yet it still held it's value. I hugged it to my chest and started to cry. God, I hated myself.

A knock sounded and I looked up. Not bothering to wipe my eyes, I walked over to the door, and in the process dropped my painting in the garbage. I opened the door a crack, and slid out into the hall, closing it behind me. Ollie stood by the cabinets and stared up at me with wide eyes. "L-Levi," he stuttered. "At the front door..."

I sighed. "Thanks."

He nodded quickly before scurrying into his own room. I heard his door slam shut, and didn't bother to turn around as I walked down the steps. Before I did anything, I made sure that my eyes weren't red or watering. When I was sure of it, I opened the front door, and was met with the familiarity of a grinning Levi.

"Hey," I mumbled, stepping outside.

"You weren't at the park," he said, tilting his head slightly and examining me. "So I came here. I also brought a friend, if you don't mind."

A girl walked up to the door, her eyes scanning me. Her eyebrows rose as she met my own. She had a glare that I knew wasn't intentional, and dark brown, straight hair that went a little past her shoulders. Her eyes were a rather frightening pale blue, as they narrowed at me. She also stood about an inch above me, and I couldn't help but match her frown. She gave a look of distaste. "Is this her? She looks a bit boring."

"You're one to talk," Levi hissed. The girl rolled her eyes, and then held out her hand for me to shake as if it wasn't the twenty first century. "I'm Calla."

My frown deepened. "Cool. I don't care." I turned to Levi, "why is she here?"

"I thought it'd be more fun with her," he said, refusing to take that stupid grin off his face.

"She hardly looks like fun," I scoffed. "You have bad taste in friends."

"You realize you just insulted yourself, right?"

"I'm fully aware of that, yes."

Calla smiled. "Never mind. I like her."

"I still don't like you."

She didn't say anything, just skipped ahead. "It's rather obvious you don't have friends."

"You say that like you do."

"I actually do have friends," she retorted, gesturing towards Levi. But regardless of her tone, her expression remained emotionless.

She was scary.

I couldn't stop the grin that spread across my face. "I like you," I said.

"Awe, that's nice. I don't like you." She pat my head.