Prologue: Can & Sanem

Can.

Finally. Can closed the front door behind him and left his suitcase by the wall. The house was full of silence, he could almost hear it he thought, and smiled.

Finally back home after 6 months in USA, where he had been shooting an actionfilm; he wasn't the main actor but had had the secondary role, playing together with Brad Pitt, one of his favorite actors, and he was very pleased with the work he'd done, proud of himself.

Hopefully he would be able to take some time off now, as the last year had been hard, with a lot of work; he was always fond of working, but sometimes he needed some peace, some rest for his body and mind. But all depended on his agent and what was scheduled next, so he crossed his fingers.

In about a month's time he was invited to attend the Istanbul Film Festival, the annual Art Festival, normally in April, but this year it had been rescheduled to July, and he was, and was not, looking forward to it; he was, due to his nomination as Best Actor, but he wasn't, due to the Press and Social Media. It was hard work to keep a private life with the paparazzis hanging around 24/7; he always tried to be nice to Press and fans, but he was tired of all the fake stories they came up with. He knew he hasn't been a saint, but still...he really would like a break from it all.

He opened the fridge and grabbed a cold beer. Thanks Emre he thought, just what he needed. His brother had been there the day before, to get the house freshed up for him and to fill the fridge, and he was thankful for it.
His house was not a mansion, just a big villa with 3 bedrooms, kitchen and 2 lounges, more than enough for him as there was space for a gym, a music room, office and a guestroom as well. No real luxury, just a very nice but normal villa.
The garden was big and green, with a few trees, some flowers and a normal sized pool with heated water. He stood and looked out at the garden and the pool, the terrace with its table, chairs and sunbeds, and hopefully he would be able to enjoy it a bit more this summer.

He thought about Polen, his ex, with who he broke up a couple of months ago in the States, when she came over to spend a few weeks with him during the shooting of the movie. They have had a..."convenient" kind of relation, seeing each other only a few times a year, as he traveled a lot and she did as well being a model, so no time for deeper relationships. Can was'nt in love with her, didn't love her and never had, but...he still needed sex and someone to show up with at bigger events, so why not??
But when she appeared uninvited in LA and from the very first moment explained to him, that she wanted more and that she was going to give up modeling to be with him, well...he kept quiet, they spent some free time together, had some nice sex and the day before she was leaving for Madrid, he finally told her that he wasn't in love with her, he let her know that he did not want a serious relationship with her or with anyone and that he was sorry about it, he didn't mean to hurt her.

She stayed quiet and calm, told him to think about it and that they would decide something when they both were back home, together. When her taxi showed up the next day, she gave him a deep kiss and said that for sure he would miss her; he waved her off and thought that he for sure would not. He just hoped she would accept their break up and let them go on with their lives.

He finished the beer and went into the bathroom for a quick shower, before he turned in for the night, diving in between the sheets.
Tomorrow is a new day, he thought and drifted away.

Sanem.

Already 24 and still single. She didn't use to think about it before, but it just popped up in her head sometimes. As it actually quite often had, lately. She was ok, but felt alone, so alone. She wanted someone to share her life with, her dreams, her everyday doings, but she knew men like that didn't grow on trees, so, still single. She also admitted that she did not do anything to get to know someone; her friends always told her that "you can't just sit around waiting for your prince to knock on your door, because then you will get old waiting", and yes, they were right. Still though, she always replied them with "who sits and wait for something good, can never wait enough."

She had been out on dates of course, and maybe there had been one or two stolen kisses with some of the men, but it never got longer with any of them. Not because they didn't want it to get further, SHE did not want it to. She knew she was kind of picky with men let's say, but she told herself she was not picky, only romantic; she didn't want second best, she wanted the one and only. Until then, she will go on with her life just like she had until now.

She had lots of work in her boutique and her little "factory", as her perfumes and creams were very exclusives; she had been working hard and had made herself a name in the organic beauty world, and had a long list of clients, both normal people "like her" and "people with status and money". To her they were all the same, she had never cared about money, status or fame, because none of it should make a person what it is. Even if she knew, unfortunately, that was not true, as most people of today gave too much importance to money, fame and stuff, but she wasn't one of them.
She was a very keen and talented dancer as well, she did modern dance of all kind. Actually she had been dancing in 2 music videos of a famous turkish singer, and she loved it, except the social part; she was, and always had been, a quiet and kind of shy girl. The dance was more like a hobby and nothing she wanted to make a living on, but still, she was proud of herself.

She sighed and opened the door, walked the stairs and got down to the boutique.
Her kind of industrial boho loft was the whole next floor above her boutique and the one next door, very handy and she loved it with the floor to ceiling windows at the front, so airy and open, so bright and absolutely fantastic. As well, many times she had to work extra hours to get creams and perfumes ready for placed orders, and it was very handy just walk up and down the stairs; down to work, up for lunch, dinner, tea, coffee or whatever. Or to jump into bed after many hours of work, often after midnight.

Every time she got into this place, she always caught her breath; this WAS her little world, this was her. So very boho, so hippie and so flower power, so peaceful and full of colours, and full of her very own scent. Her scent, made by her, just for her...she closed her eyes and smiled.

"No time to feel alone, just another day in my own bubble", she told herself.

Ceycey arrived just a few minutes later. Ceycey, her colleague and very best friend. He was a bit odd, but she loved him just like he was. She was the boss, but Ceycey was more than an employee, he was her right hand in everything, both business and private life. She thanked God now and then for having him.

She had another 2 employees, Leyla and Güliz, to help her make the creams and perfumes, as she alone couldn't deal with the amount needed; they accepted orders by phone as well as online of course, and they always had some in the boutique available, as there were many locals coming in, and tourists as well. Her little place was located on a small side-passage to the famous Istiklal Avenue with its hundreds of small shops around of all kind, so the location could hardly be any better. She had inherited the building from her grandparents when she was only 15, and ever since, she and her family had been working on it to get it ready for her. It meant a lot to her, as she had been taught as a young girl to create all her creams and perfumes from her grandmother's recipes. She was so grateful for everything, as she knew the value of both these recipes and the building.

She walked to the front door and put the key in the lock and thought, here we go, another day in paradise!