𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞.

❛ oh, but I am used to playing that bad bitch is someone's story

❛ oh, but I am used to playing that bad bitch is someone's story. it's nothing new, just the same old serena ❜

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐀 𝐋𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐁𝐄𝐑𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐃

was Mystic Falls' little light. She always had a smile on her face, a joke at the tip of her tongue to lighten up the mood, a nickname to ruin your day, a story to have you laugh your heart out, and looks that made all the boys want her and the girls want to be her.

Serena was the girl people knew to not care because that's what she said. Caring was for losers, it did nobody any good. However, the people who criticize caring and compassion so much, are often the ones who care—cared the most and learned the lesson.

Where had caring ever gotten Serena? She cared about her father so much and loved him so much before he died. Her mother, who she was supposed to rely on, walked away, went to pursue a career elsewhere. Coralie Bernard was young still and didn't want her life to stop just because the person she loves died, even if it meant abandoning her daughters.

Whether she liked to admit it or not, Serena Bernard had abandonment issues. She didn't know how to get close to people, somewhere along the way she pushed them away. She was scared, so scared that they will get too close to the point where losing them will break her. Losing the two most important people in her life had an everlasting effect.

Then the Salvatores got into town, unravelling a series of secrets with them. Old relatives resurface, vows are broken, lies are discovered and Serena learns that no one is just good or bad.

LYNDSY FONSECA as SERENA LILITH BERNARD