Chapter 14- Light Festival pt.2

"Wooahh." Sophie gasped as they flickered into the festival. "You'll fit in perfectly." Ruy whispered in her ear before handing her an ear piece then speed walking away to probably find the NeverSeen. "Excuse me." A voice asked. Keefe. "Who are you? I've never seen you before." "Eh em." Sophie cleared her throat. "My Name is Harper Fluke." Sophie replied in her deepest accent. "I have been.... homeschooled until now." "Uh huh." Keefe replied. "Well, I'll see you around." Sophie smiled to herself as she turned away from him. She put her hands on her baby bump. "Good evening ladies and gentleman!" Councilor Emery stated. "Before we get started, we have an announcement!" Emery looked at Oralie, who nodded, before clearing his throat. "It seems our beloved Moonlark has joined the opposing force! The NeverSeen!" Gasps were heard through the crowd. Sophie cussed and she could've sworn she heard Ruy cuss as well. "Why!?" "Betrayal!" "Spy!" Voices cried. Sophie blinked back tears. "She has joined forces with them, to.....protect something far more valuable than any of us!" Emery spoke again. "Yeah right!" "Idiot!" "Liar!" "Our beloved Moonlark as we know her is not the same, for she is protecting what needs to be protected! Any one of us would have done what she is doing right now if we were put in her position." "What's she hiding!?" "What's wrong with her!?" "He means, that Sophie Foster is carrying a Pheonix!" Elwin shouted. Emery glare at him, clearly they didn't want that much to be shared. Sophie took in a deep breath. "I feel like I'm going to pass out." She said louder than expected. She turned around and started to move through the crowd to find Ruy. But before she spoke up, Someone spoke. "We do have Sophie! She is protecting something beautiful! And she trusted US with her life because the Black Swan couldn't protect her!" Gisela. Some of the council looked up in shock, while others remained calm. "Well then. Why are you here. Why aren't you protecting her?" Keefe asked boldly. A look of shock quickly passed Gisela's face. But it was quickly replaced with joy. "My son, she is here. She is right here. We actually are also invading this festival because we can tell something is wrong. Something is wrong with me? Just then Sophie felt a shock of pain ripple through her body. She bent over and held her stomach. "Ruy! Help!"  She screamed mentally. Ruy heard her immediately and ran over to her. He was now disguised with dark brown hair and super icy blue eyes. "It's not right. Something's wrong." She cried, gasping for air. "Wh..what's wrong." A quiet voice asked behind Sophie. The question was directed towards Gisela. "We worry that her body is becoming to powerful to hold a tiny little Pheonix. She will become very weak and in pain if we do not get her immediate medical attention." Sophie looked over her shoulder to see who asked the question. "No." She whispered. "Hey, it's gonna be alright." Ruy whispered gently into her ear. "It's them. My mom. And dad. Are here!" Sophie screamed the last few words in pain. Most people including Edaline and Grady turned to face her and Ruy looked Sophie in the eyes. "We've got to go." He mouthed. "I can't." She groaned. "Sophie Foster will he ended without care!" Gisela shouted again, looking at Elwin. He bit his lip. "Let me help!" He shouted hesitantly. "Let me help." He whispered. Ruy began to help Sophie stumble away from the crowd. But of course Grady came to help Ruy. He helped set Sophie on some smooth rocks and sat next to her. "What's wrong?" He asked. "I'm fine." Sophie gasped between the pain. "No. You're not fine. We need to get you to a doctor." Grady put his hand on Sophie's stomach. When he felt the bump he jumped back in shock. Sophie scrambled back, she took her leaping crystal out. "Don't. You. Dare." Ruy warned. "I'm sorry." Sophie held her crystal up and rolled into the light. She couldn't open her eyes. She was in darkness. But why was it so bright? Why couldn't she move? Why was everything....gone?