mm wow yep this is it

Wow real

The empty, delicately decorated walls of the long since empty origami castle had become something of rumor and myth over the past coming months. After the recent takeover and defeat of the ruler of said castle, the Origami King himself, the old, now damaged and silent halls of the once grand royal fortress of Princess Peach were left behind, so that a new building could be made from the ground up, leaving the old castle to rest on the now hopefully inactive volcano in a silent haze of smog and steam.

You were a common toadling from the famous and partially infamous toad town, having made plans to travel around the kingdom and explore the land freely, collecting goods, and possibly even selling to other travelers, preparing to leave your parent's dainty little home for the great wide world.. until the takeover happened mere days before your day of departure.

Planning to spend your last days homebound celebrating the festival of origami with your family, you had hoped they would've been happy days, but because of the silent, swift takeover of the kingdom by a purple king and his legion of tall, frightening warriors, your plans were cut fully off, forcing you to stay in toad town for your safety for months, changes sweeping the town as all sorts of people of different varieties of species and race quickly took their opportunity to celebrate and accept the new rule of the Origami King.. and although at first, during the early months of the takeover, everything seemed to just be that, new creatures and beings claiming their equality amongst the humans and toads and society, or better yet the laws changing to accept and welcome these new conditions, but after a while things changed in a whole new, much more terrible variety.

The king, as his defenses slowly dwindled during the stressful construction of a new capital city far off in the mountains, had a sudden, cruel change of heart towards equality of all.. a new, passionate rage aimed towards the toadfolk, demands, attacks and acts that even his 'legion of stationery' slowly turned against him, fueling his endless rage ever further.. thankfully before the cruelest of his wishes could be granted, the red hero Mario and his band of friends, managed to end the king's reign. However before he could be detained, he suddenly disappeared, and not by his own will, claimed multiple of the witnesses of the final fight.

So here you were, standing in the castle of a tyrant who dreamed to kill you and all of your kind out of pure, raw anger, and you, the tiny toad, were scavenging for any leftover coins or gold, or any other items that could be worth a pretty penny. You had seen alot and been through alot, but you had never felt your heart sink so low wandering the empty building, empty of objects and worth, as well as livelihood, it barely looked like anyone had ever lived there at all, the most life you had even spotted were cobwebs lining corners and shelves. It frightened you a little, if it weren't for the fact that there had been stories from thieves and explorers that there was indeed endless amounts of delicate furniture, paintings, food, and other luxuries you would've thought the building was always this void of anything homely..

However despite seemingly the lack of anything worthwhile and to take home could be found, you were determined to find something, wanting to go deeper in the castle then any other toad or human dared, you were brave!.. but that could also mean that you were being foolish- You weren't even sure yourself, as you pushed open another door, reaching a stairwell, a large one at that.

You had assumed this had been the one to the throne room, it was a huge staircase over a mostly empty floor, softly glowing lanterns weakly floated in the air, most likely losing magical energy just as the whole castle was, the building had a shockingly short life expectancy, you wondered how it would've been continuously fueled if only now the power had begun to fade, but that didn't matter now, there was no king to rule the sad lonely castle, and you sure as hell weren't planning to stay long.

Ascending up the stairs, you'd let out a sigh as you soon realized how long of a climb you'd have to take in order to reach the throne room that only so few had seen, you started to wonder if even taking a picture would be enough of a reward at about halfway through your long ascension, only to then realize, to your luck as you felt your legs we're as good as jello, that there was a bench! How convenient, perhaps even the fabled King of Origami, a figure you have heard multiple times having been able to float, even needed to rest a while while reaching his own throne, how sad!

You took a seat, stretching your limbs as you set down your bag, taking out a flask of water and taking a swig, you certainly needed it, stay hydrated btw folks, and as you took a good amount of time to rest, refuel, and contemplate, you started feeling a sense of pride in all of the effort you were making just to possibly steal a piece of history for yourself, climbing stairs, avoiding traps, such as those terrifying fortune tellers that shred even the toughest folds of paper, or so you heard, you surely we're an accomplished toad!

Eventually you would stop gloating to yourself about your achievements of the day, before then getting up, stretching one last time, and beginning to ascend the final set of stairs, where the mighty heros of the kingdom marched up and fought the cruel purple king, who sat upon and nowadays empty throne, which you assumed was most likely stolen, as you then stood at the final door, feeling an odd sense of tension that, although did not deter you away, caused a shiver to run down your spine...

You took a deep breath, before then gently shoving open the large, decorated doors, revealing the dim, empty, ruined throne room, shrouded in unfolded paper, creased with no form, and a single figure laid on his side on the floor, injured but not dead.. the Origami King was very much still alive, though it was clear he had seen better days, his legs bent, his crown crooked, his hair a mess, his body frail and pale.. and as you stood there motionless, as the now fearful toad you are, the king you were taught to fear so openly then turned his head to look at you with those deep, vile purple eyes..

Haha you thought I'd get to the good stuff on the first chapter pfff no I ain't writing 2000 words in a day, 1164 will do me juuuuust fine ty very much!!