4 am Cereal

"Mary..." Yumeko softly shook her girlfriend's shoulders.

Mary only groaned and flopped her face down into the pillow.

"Mary wake up". Yumeko heard Mary grumble into the pillow before finally relenting and turning her face to Yumeko.

"Ugh, what time is it Yumeko?" Yumeko guilty glanced over to the alarm clock on their bedside table.

"4:06"

Mary's tone somehow got even angrier, "Why in the world would you wake me up at 4:06 in the morning?".

Yumeko only giggled at her angry girlfriend, "You'll have to get out of bed to find out, silly".

"Okay then, goodnight", Mary pulled the covers up to her chin and feigned slumber.

"Oh Mary-san please?", Yumeko begged as she softly rocked Mary's shoulders.

"Fine", Mary huffed as she flopped over. Mary saw no point in resisting any further since she knew Yumeko would be unrelenting in her request.

Yumeko watched as Mary groggily threw her feet over the side of the bed and sat up. Yumeko leaped from the bed and switched the light on. As a burst of light filled the room she heard Mary groan. Yumeko swiftly crossed the room to the bedroom door, she watched as Mary slipped her feet into the yellow slippers that had been set up by the blonde the previous night.

"Follow me to the kitchen, Mary-san," Yumeko called as she made her way into the kitchen. Mary followed promptly and flopped into a chair at their kitchen table. She watched as Yumeko got two bowls from the cabinet and the cereal from the pantry.

"You got me up at 4:06 am to eat cereal?", Yumeko only giggled at Mary as she retrieved the milk from the fridge. Yumeko gathered everything and set it up in front of Mary at the kitchen table. She set up a bowl in front of Mary and one in front of the chair next to Mary for herself. As Yumeko picked up the milk to pour into the bowls she felt a hand grab her arm.

Mary's eyes gleamed a terrifying shade of yellow, "Were you just about to pour the milk in first?" Mary growled.

"Um yeah, why?" Yumeko asked innocently as she tilted her head slightly to the side.

"No"

"Yes"

"No"

"Yes, you pour the milk in first so you know how much cereal to put in"

"Oh. My. Fucking. God. No. You do not do that, Yumeko. You do not put the milk in first. You just don't".

Yumeko shrugged her shoulders and picked the milk back up, "Well I'm just gonna-"

"No you're not", Yumeko felt the milk being snatched from her hands.

"Yumeko, I'm banning you from pouring cereal."

Yumeko frowned, "But Mary-san-"

"No. I will be pouring the cereal until you learn how to do it right".

"I still think you should pour the milk first" Yumeko grumbled as she went over to grab spoons for the both of them.

"There we go," Mary said as she finished pouring the milk in the 2nd bowl. She walked over to the fridge to put the milk away as Yumeko did the same to the cereal in the pantry.

"Let's eat!" Yumeko cheered as she pushed past Mary to get to her cereal. Mary could only roll her eyes and smile as she knew nothing could come in between Yumeko and food when she was ravenous like this. Mary hadn't even sat down before Yumeko had scarfed down nearly half her bowl.

"Jesus Yumeko, I didn't know you were that hungry"

"Hmm?" Yumeko looked up at Mary, milk dripping down her chin, mouth full of cereal. Mary had to admit she was pretty annoyed when Yumeko had woken her up at 4 am just to have cereal but seeing this almost made up for it.

"Nevermind", Mary was not hungry as it was 4 am and she was a normal person, so she sat contentedly, watching Yumeko scarf down the remains of her cereal.

As Yumeko ate her last few bites of cereal she looked up at Mary, "You're not gonna eat?"

"Hmm? Oh, I'm not really hungry"

Yumeko looked sad, "Oh okay then". Yumeko gathered their bowls and took them over to the sink to wash them. As Yumeko washed the bowls Mary admired the way Yumeko's raven hair cascaded over her shoulders. God, even at 4 am having just rolled out of bed, Yumeko was still drop-dead gorgeous.

"And what are you looking at hmm?", Mary's face exploded into a brilliant shade of red. Yumeko had caught Mary practically drooling over her.

"Nothing!" Mary's voice came out a shakey crack as she turned her tomato-like face away from Yumeko.

"Oh, Mary" Yumeko chuckled softly to herself as she crossed the kitchen back over to her girlfriend and took a seat beside her.

Having composed herself Mary turned back to Yumeko, "Okay, now you have to tell me why you woke me up at 4 am"

Yumeko glanced to the ground then back up at Mary, a small blush crept across her face, "I just wanted a reason to be with you is all".

Mary looked into Yumeko eyes, logic told her that Yumeko's eyes were brown, but she swore that they were red. She looked into this girl's eyes and she felt as if time had stopped and nothing existed except the two of them. When she heard the raven-haired girl's response to her question, the only thing she could do was cup her girlfriend's face within her hands and press her lips against Yumeko's. When they finally pulled apart Mary took the girl's hand in her own and whispered softly into Yumeko's ear, "C'mon Yume, let's go to bed".