How the JIC Book Club works

''Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success." ~ Henry Ford

Here is how the JIC Book Club will work

1. When applying, the genre you put as your book will be the genre you are assigned to. This means to choose wisely. If your story is romance, but you want to read fantasy please put that in the form. Otherwise, we will put you in the genre your book is set to.

2. Once you are accepted you will be placed in your genre and divided into groups of 4. For example, Romance Juniors will have only romance writers and readers. There will be multiple groups in each genre with no more than 4 people.

3. Each week, Monday to Friday, every group will read three chapters of each other books. This includes, at least 5 inline comments and 2 final comments. Or 6 inline comments with a final comment longer than 2 sentences. Whatever works for you, as long as there are a total of 7 comments.

4. Once you have completed, reading approximately 12 chapters(3 chapters of each member in your group) comment beside your name in the week we are in 'Done: All' Do not comment done beside your name unless you have finished reading three chapters and 7 comments on each chapter of each of your group members stories.

5. Every two weeks there will be a draw. This means in every genre there will be a draw and the person chosen will have one of their stories chosen until the next draw. Each group will read 2 chapters and comment at least three times once the chosen story before the next draw.

Example:

Draw chosen: ladywhispers78

Story chosen: Horse Dog

Group and Genre: Fantasy, Group 3

Deadline: Everyone in this genre has until the start of the next month to read and comment the required amount.

6. If you are a reader and have no story to enter you will be placed in your wanted genre as the other. Your group name will be named reader only group and instead reading each other's stories and commenting like writer groups you will all have to read and comment on stories of writers from the book recommendation google form. You are only prohibited to read three chapters of each book and comment 7 times. It is up to you if you would like to finish the story.

7. WRITERS. IF YOU WOULD ALSO LIKE YOUR STORIES READ BY READERS ONLY WITHOUT HAVING TO READ THEIR, FILL OUT THE GOOGLE FORM IN THE ETERNAL LINK IN THE FORMS CHAPTER. A GROUP OF STORIES WILL BE CHOSEN EVERY WEEK FOR READERS ONLY GROUP OF YOUR GENRE TO READ AND COMMENT.

In a nutshell:

In a nutshell:

You will be put in your respective genre, based on what genre your story is or what you put on the form. Next you will be split into a group, such as group 1, group 2, group 3, group 3, etc. There will be 4 members in your group and each week you will read 3 chapters of each other stories. You have until the end of the week to do this along with 5 inline comments and 2 final comments. You will continue doing this every week until you have read all chapters of each other books, or you decide you want to switch groups. This means you will have to inform about your switch. After every 2 weeks a person will be chosen from each genre and every one will have to read and complete the comment requirements. If you would like to go on hiatus, leave or change groups please PM the account above.

I hope you were able to understand how this and if you have any suggestions, questions, or concerns please let us know in the comment section or PM directly.