s i x

Scarlett De Lugo

Scarlett De Lugo

I rolled over and placed my hand on the empty side of the bed; opening my eyes I notice that Sirius wasn't in bed. I get up and head downstairs to the kitchen. Sirius was cooking breakfast with no shirt on. I stared at his flexed back muscles.

"Morning, pup." Sirius greeted me with a smile.

"Good morning." I smiled, sitting down at the table.

He finished up cooking; putting the food on three plates, Sirius placed a plate in front of me and sat down across from me with his plate. Leaving the third plate for Aubrielle next to the stove. We sat and ate in silence.

"You're going to see your family today right?" Sirius asked. I hummed in response. "You should take them out to lunch, Merlin only knows how long they've been cooped up." He went into his pocket and handed me money.

"Thanks, Sirius." I smiled as I put the money on the table and continued to eat. Aubrielle came down; already dressed and started eating. I asked her if she wanted to come with me to see my family; which she agreed to.

I finished eating and started cleaning up the dirty kitchenware that Sirius dirtied while cooking. I went upstairs to get ready. Once I was done, Sirius kissed my forehead and we apparated to the Weasleys safe house. We walked towards the door and knocked. Cassie opened the door, a smile grew on her face when she saw that it was me. She jumped in my arms.

"I missed you." Cassie whispered.

"I missed you too, sissy." I chuckled as tears filled my eyes. I put Cassie down and walked inside the home; it was cute and had a beach house vibe to it, which is fitting for where the house is located. We headed to the kitchen where my parents and brother were. My parents walk over and crush me in a hug.

"Do you guys wanna go out to lunch?" I asked. They all agreed so we headed back to London.

~

My parents found a small little diner to have lunch.
It wasn't that busy so we ordered and got our food pretty quickly. "So, what have you two been doing this past month and a half?" My mom asked my best friend and I. Aubrielle and I give each other the best friend look.

"We've been hanging out with our friends a lot." I
smiled.

"I've been hanging out with Bradley a lot and Scarlett's been talking to Luca a lot." I almost choked on my drink.

"Oh?"

"Yeah, we're on good terms now and we've been hanging out a lot." I forced a smile.

"Well, that's good. Whatever makes you happy, sweetie." My mother smiled as she continued to eat.

"Did you mean banging out, little sister?" I heard my brother's thoughts. My eyes widened; forgetting that my mother taught me Occulemcy. I turned to my brother and gave him a look as he chuckled. Once we finished lunch, I quickly paid and we went back to the safe house.

~

After a few hours of spending time with my family Aubrielle and I apparated to Sirius' house. We
looked around and noticed the house was trashed. "Sirius?" I called out; no answer. I walked towards the living room and saw Sirius unconscious on the floor. I ran over and kneeled beside him; shaking him. There was bruises and some scratches on his face and he was covered in dirt.

"Oh my—." Aubrielle muttered.

"Sirius, hey. Wake up." I said calmly; still shaking him. I put my ear to his chest; hearing his faint heart beat.

"Sirius, wake up!" I exclaimed as I shook his body harder. His eyes shot opened as he gasped. He calmed down once he noticed me.

"Death Eaters." He panted out; his chest rising and falling rapidly. "They were looking for you."

"We can't stay here anymore." I look at Aubrielle.

"I told them I didn't know where you were, I hid all your belongings with a charm. They couldn't find anything." Sirius chimed in.

"I'll stay with Bradley and his family for a little bit, yeah? Im barely here anyways. " Aubrielle offered. I nodded my head as I helped Sirius up.

"Lets get you cleaned up." I mutter as I bring him upstairs to his room. He sits down on the edge of the bed as I start to clean his cuts. Once I was done I put everything away and wash my hands.

"Do you want to shower?" I ask. He hummed in response; nodding my head I went into his bathroom and started his shower. I felt Sirius' arms wrap around my body from behind me. I sigh in relief as I lean my back on his chest; his body giving me comfort.

"Thank you... Will you shower with me, darling?" I nodded my head. Sirius removes his arms off my body and starts undressing. This is the first time I'm going to see this gorgeous man naked. I started to get nervous so I looked away.

"Are you going to get undressed?" He asked after a few moments of silence. I started to undress myself as Sirius got in the warm shower; sighing in relief. I got in and looked up at him.

"I'm sorry you got hurt because of us." I mutter turning my head away from him. He grabbed my chin; making me look at him.

"Why are you apologizing? This is what I meant when I said I want to take care of you and protect you." Sirius rested his forehead against mine.

I closed my eyes and enjoyed this moment; in this time of our lives of darkness yet again surrounding both of us and the people we love and care about, he still knows how to be positive and try to be happy. I wrap my arms around his torso tightly as he rubs my bare back. Truthfully, I didn't care how long we stayed like this in the shower. I could prune up and I wouldn't care.

"Do you want me to wash your hair?" I whispered. Sirius nodded his head and grabbed his shampoo;
handing it to me.

Once we finished our shower, I changed and I helped Aubrielle pack. Bradley came to pick her up; I hugged my best friend goodbye even though I'll see her tomorrow or something. Sirius offered
to take me out on another date; which I obviously agreed to.