〇 | missing person posters

𝗽𝗲𝗼𝗽𝗹𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗮𝘀 (𝗵/𝗰) 𝗹𝗼𝗰𝗸𝘀 𝘀𝘄𝗮𝘆𝗲𝗱 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗲𝗮𝗰𝗵 𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗽 𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗼𝗼𝗸, whispering as they eyed her up and down taking in her foreign appearance

she ignored them and kept walking with a skip in her step and a wide smile on her face. she was quite used to whispers, whether it be about her... odd appearance or the fact that it had been less than a month since her face began appearing in missing person posters.

(l/n) (y/n), the eldest daughter of the (l/n) family was showing her face in public as she made her way to what she used to call her home, where a family that no longer loved her awaited. 

its been about two years now since she ran away, and a lot had changed since then. for one, her (h/l) (h/c) hair that she normally kept down was now styled into two messy buns, one on either side of her head while stray pieces of hair framed her face, though today she kept it down again.

she had grown quite a lot as well. despite having to start from scratch and being technically homeless, she looked well in terms of physique. there was meat on her bones and didn't appear to be starved or anything, she seemed quite clean as well and had a schoolgirl uniform instead of the stereotypical rags you'd expect to see on someone who lived on the streets.

yet despite the long days and nights of being away, not one of her 'loved ones' bothered to reach out to her, not even batting an eye when they realized she had been missing from their quarters.

now you may be asking, why was she even returning to a family that initially wanted nothing to do with her? well the thing is, they did. only now after two long years of her being gone did they reach out to her through missing posters and magazine interviews.

it seemed pointless, in all honesty. why would they only reach out to her now after turning a blind eye to it for so long? she had a hunch that it was for personal gain or publicity, she could practically smell the headlines those nosy reporters would make, "DAUGHTER COMES HOME AFTER TWO FUCKIN' YEARS, FAMILY IS OVERJOYED" she scoffed, she always hated reporters and journalists. she knew full well that it actually happening wasn't too farfetched, how much her parents loved that kind of attention;

her dad was a power hungry douche, always trying to be in the limelight whilst her mom practically thrives on gossip, much less being the gossip herself. 

then again, there was still the off chance that they actually wanted her to come home because, well, shes their daughter and all that. their real motive behind all this is that was what she ought to find out. she wasn't like them, always so quick to assume, she wanted to see for herself what the fuck they were thinking when they sent all missing person reports out. that and she wanted to blackmail them for money. it was a bluff and wasn't likely to work how she'd like, but it'd be nice to have some extra cash if it did work out.

she soon reached her old house, barging in through the door like she owned the place as she made her way to the living room, turning to find her family all situated there waiting for her. it was like they already knew she'd be coming in that day, how convenient.

her mother immediately ran to her, grabbing her hands and sobbing while her father stayed sitting on the couch, stone-faced and an unreadable expression on his face. her siblings were there as well, sporting different expressions, both relief and annoyance on their faces as they watched the scene unfold. but she knew well that the relief was not because their sister finally came home, but rather because their parents would finally stop bitching about the whole thing. thats how it always was, back then.

she pushed her mother away, the almost permanent smile on her face long gone and was replaced with a dark expression as she spoke,

"why did you call me here?" she asked, distaste evident on her face as she looked down at her seated father, recalling the bad memories she had in this place.

now don't get me wrong, (y/n) was not one to get emotional with these things, rather, she didn't really want to come here in the first place. granted she was curious, but not enough that she'd do so without a lil persuading.

but since the 'o so loving crusty friend of hers encouraged her to go, she obliged. 

that and she wanted to shittalk them, of course, but not in an angry-screamy way, kinda subtle but enough to get a reaction. that'd be fun.

"we're giving you another chance"