Picking Up The Pieces

Imagine that you couldn't remember anything about your past. Nothing. You try and think back, but you can't. There is no back. There's only now, and forward.

That's what was happening to Harry. Was he Harry? For some reason that name just felt...right. In the same way that he knew he could trust the girl who came to see him every day. What had she said her name was? Ginny. That's right.

Ginny was the one who told him he was twenty, she was the one who told him that he'd lost his parents in a car crash. The same car crash that made him lose his memory. She'd looked sad when she said that, Harry had decided he knew her before the crash and that was why but somehow he thought that wasn't the whole story.

He'd been asleep -or so the doctors, that's what they called themselves had told him- for 2 years. The crash had happened just before he turned 18.

The crash. You'd think you'd remember something, anything about the day your parents died. "Not if that was the day you lost your memory." The voice in the back of his head sounded remarkably like the doctors.

Harry sighed, he stood up and walked over the bathroom. A small smile came to his face, he loved this independence, ever since he's been retaught how to walk -which didn't take too long because of his muscle memory- he could do more and more things on his own. He couldn't wait to tell Ginny about it, she had a job now, some sort of sports player, but Ginny had told him it was some sort of minority sport so she wasn't very famous. However what it did mean was that she was spending less time with Harry now the sport was back in season and Harry missed her. He did have other friends, Hermione and Ron we're two of his favourite people in the world, but they always looked at him so sadly. Harry got the feeling they'd been really close before the crash and made so many memories that they couldn't really believe he couldn't remember them. Ginny was different though, she was the one who convinced Harry it wasn't his fault, she stopped him apologising to everyone who walked through the door because he always thought there was a chance that he knew them but forgotten. And there were the others, Luna, but she left just a week after he woke up because she was going on a Safari with her boyfriend. Neville, he was great, but he was a teacher at a boarding school so he only visited for a short time on the weekends. All the other Weasley's, a lot of them seemed very distant but Harry didn't feel a connection to them like he had to his other friends, so he decides that he wasn't close with them in the first place.

Harry was slowly picking up the pieces and building his way to a new life. He was happy.