Beginnings

The calm silence between the two settled. The ruffle of clothing as the papyrus shifted, feeling the cloth over his eye sockets. The shape of LG above him in the dark room as she adjusted the cloth, sitting on his chest with their breathing slow and calm.

"Can you see..?"
"No, I have a blindfold on." The Swapfell spoke calmly, his eyes resting with the welcoming darkness. More ruffles and shifting as the female got off him. "Good..." Mutt, as he was called throughout multiverses and aus felt his bed and took deep breaths.

Keeping calm was easy.

Sure, he lost her several years ago and it left him a wreck, but he can keep calm, he had to protect his brother after all.

"I'll be back." LG's voice was unsettling, it left him shuddering slightly, instead of the normal calm happiness it was blank and void of emotion...

He heard her leave, the soft click of the door shutting, then an old familiar scent breached him. "...Who's here..?"

The sounds of two sock covered feet came to him, then a person sat beside him. The scent was stronger now that the creature was beside him.

Honey, sweet tasting honey, with a mix of cinnamon and chocolate. Mutt would have collapsed into insane laughter asking if this was a sick joke if the person hadn't spoken. "Hello again Mutt..."

He sat up and stared at the direction of the voice, the calmness of it, but yet, hidden behind it the vibration of sadness. The female's hands dragged along the skull of his until it untied the blindfold and he met the eyes of someone he missed so dearly...

Husky was as perfect as the day she was thought dead, her form had changed slightly, she was slightly taller than him now but she was still perfect. Their eyes stayed interlocked until the female blinked and looked away for a second before reaching for his hand and hesitating.

Husky was hesitant... He was so confused, did she think he was upset at her? Of course he wasn't... Or maybe she was just scared... So Mutt made the move and interlocked their hands together.

Husky's breathing hitched and she looked to Mutt once more, calm, tender silence. Then the female relaxed, and slowly curled up to rest on the male. Leaning on him and caressing Mutt's hands, did she shudder? Yes, Why? Because she imagined him to be like how her brother would be if they weren't hiding together... Enraged, uncontrollable, needing her to answer 'yes' to every insult... Mutt shifted her, pulling Husky onto his lap, then laying down with her.

Then silence...

"What happened..?" He spoke out, calm, collected, and soft. "I-.." She hesitated again then shuddered. "I wanted to talk to you... believe me I did... I tried so hard, but they cut off my magic. And used my brother to make me stay with them." Mutt nodded. "Tell me in the morning... For now lets  reconnect." Husky chuckled and rolled her eyes. "Sure Mutt~."

.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .

Husky was asleep in Mutt's grasp clinging to him like a lost dog clings to its owner. He stared at her collar, the bell attached making small rings whenever she shifted to be closer, or comfortable. Mutt pulled her to rest on top of him, letting her sleeping mind hug his neck and sliding her legs in a close part on either side. He smiled slightly, and kissed her skull, calm and happy. To have had her gone was his greatest burden, but now she was  home, and for once, he was calm.

A long time ago she was supposed to be dead,
A long time ago he had loved her more than he could,
A long time ago... restarts again.

Mutt opened his eyes to a battle field, the irritable laugh of Husky's bad sans team in her multiverse surrounded them Error breaking away the au's code as they fight... Then, he hears her screech, Mutt turns from his enemy to see Husky defending her brother with every last bit of magic she had. Her eyes interlocked with his... Then Nightmare struck. "NO!" Many would cry, but Mutt just lost focus, he ran to where Huskey once stood and stared at the only thing left here, her brother's ripped bandana, neither's dust to be seen... but pronounced dead anyways...

Then Mutt woke, to see Huskey in his arms, and he was relieved that seeing her wasn't a figment of his imagination..