~The Week~

Y/n's Pov

I made it back to my small house in Weydale. It was cozy. Nothing had been touched since I had last been here. I got to Midgard pretty late so I decided to go straight to bed. Tomorrow I would find Gloria, and we could have a nice day off again. My bed was soft, though it was much smaller than the one I slept on back on Asgard. I found my half-finished book sitting on my nightstand, and since I couldn't seem to sleep, I opened it up and began to read.

I must have fallen asleep reading again because I woke up with my book on the floor and I was half sitting up. I put on my slippers and walked downstairs. The sun was up and shining bright. I boiled some water for my coffee and cracked an egg over a hot pan. It was nice to not be woken up by Loki yelling at me, or trying to scare me. But I found it a bit too quiet being alone.

I decided I would get ready then go over to Gloria's house. After all, I did say I would talk to her as soon as I got back here.

'Maybe we could go see the Avengers today on our trip.' I thought as I walked over to her house. "Y/n!" I heard someone shout from behind me. I turned around and saw Virginia running towards me. "Goodmorning, Virginia. How have you been?" I asked smiling at her. "Good, thank you. And how about you? No one has heard from you or Gloria since you both left with that strange man." She told me. "What do you mean? Where is Gloria?" I asked. I thought she would have been back by now. After all, it had been a few weeks. "I have no idea. She never came back. But where have you been?" She started looking concerned. Probably because Gloria hadn't been with me. "I, I'm sorry Virginia. I can't catch up right now. I have to find Gloria." I told her. "Of course, of course. Go on. Please tell me when you do find her. I hope she's alright." Virginia said waving me off.

I first decided to head to Gloria's house since it was closest. I knocked on the door but there was no answer, so I took her emergency key from where she had hidden it and walked in. I looked through her whole house. No one was home.

I next headed to her bakery. 'Maybe she was just at work and Virginia hadn't been here for a while.' I thought. Really hopeful that was true. Once I got there, the whole place was dark. The food all looked old and you could see the dust collecting inside.

It took me a while to think about where she could be. But it finally hit me. She had become good friends with Nat and Wanda. She probably just stayed at the compound. I ran back to my house and hopped into my car.

The compound was way too far to drive to, so I just drove to the airport and took a plane to new york. I fell asleep on the plane and woke up just before we landed. I hadn't called ahead because I didn't have a phone, and didn't know any of their numbers. But at least I knew where to go.

I was offered a taxi when I was walking out of the airport and of course, I took it. It would take way too long to try and walk to the compound, so this was much easier. I gave the man driving the taxi the address and we were off.

"You sure this is where you wanted to go?" He asked me as we arrived, seeing the large 'A' place at the top of the building. "Yes, thank you very much," I said. I paid for the ride, took my bag out of the trunk, and headed to the door. The taxi driver wasn't very convinced because he stayed there watching as I walked up to the door and knocked.

Once Tony answered the door, I heard the car start up again and drive away. "You're back. So soon and so alone." He exclaimed, inviting me inside. "Of course I am. Do you think that I would hang around on Asgard with the idiots who keep messing with my life? I swear I've been back and forth about 3 times now." I laughed as we walked towards the board room. "J.A.R.V.I.S, call everyone to the board room please," Tony said.

We waited and caught up for about 15 minutes before Steve and Nat walked in. "What brings you back here?" Nat asks giving me a hug. "Just the usual. Loki trying to do something good but it going horribly wrong, and Thor not knowing how to treat me anymore." I told her with a sarcastic smile. We both laughed. "It'll get better. He's just really confused with his feelings right now." Steve joined in. Everyone slowly started joining us. With each person who walked in that wasn't Gloria, I got more and more concerned. "Is she here?" I asked after Wanda walked in. "Oh. That's what you looked so worried about. Yes, she's here. She just doesn't usually come when we call a meeting because she's not technically an Avenger." Clint said, with a bit of a laugh. "Hey J.A.R.V.I.S. We need Gloria, please," Bruce said. "On it, Dr. Banner," J.A.R.V.I.S replied.