Chapter One - Admiration

Y/N would lay in her warm, cozy bed, pulling her comforter over her head. Her alarm clock would be blaring, so loudly that it made her ears feel like they were vibrating. Groaning, Y/N would sit up, smacking her hand down on the top of her clock.

"Shush.." She'd say out loud to it, rubbing her eyes. Her gaze would shift to the clock, the bright green numbers making out, "6:45 A.M."

Looking around her bedroom for a moment, it would finally click. This happened to her every morning. The moment of realization that this is her life. Becoming a famous actress wasn't Y/N's original plan, actually, it wasn't apart of her plan at all. She had a very different dream in mind, but this was so much better. It still all felt very unreal, though. In one moment she went from no one really knowing her, to being an international sensation. It was overwhelming, terrifying, yet rewarding and fulfilling all at the same time.

Standing up, Y/N would stretch, her bare feet touching her cold wooden floor. A small shiver would go down her spine, and she would make her way into her kitchen. Preparing herself a cup of coffee and some toast, a small sigh would escape her pouted lips. She was never really a morning person, but with this line of work you kind of have to be. Moving into the living room with her brew of coffee, alongside her toast, she would plop herself onto her couch.

Y/N's favorite part of her morning was this. No phone's, no media, no responsibilities.. just time with herself and her coffee. Hearing the birds chirp outside a small smile would form on her face. Closing her eyes she would lean her head back for a moment, simply soaking in the pure relaxation. This blissful period was cut short by the sound of her phone ringing. The sound would fill the air suddenly, making Y/N jump. "Shit." Was all she could manage to say, jumping up and rushing back into her bedroom to grab her phone.

It was her manager, Eliza. Picking up she'd balance her phone between her ear and her shoulder, sipping on her coffee while pacing her bedroom.

"Good morning, Y/N!" Eliza would greet on the other line.

"Good morning, what's up? Usually you don't call this early unless you have big news to deliver." Y/N would respond, her voice still a bit groggy.

"I see you've caught onto my pattern." The manager would joke, laughing softly at her own words. "I think you'll be very excited about this one, however!"

Y/N anticipated what Eliza would say next.

"You got the role you auditioned for, you're going to be in the movie! Isn't that great?" Y/N could hear Eliza's smile.

"Oh- oh my gosh.. I genuinely was not expecting to get that role." Y/N would say, part of her beginning to think this was a big joke.. As good of an actress as she was, she didn't exactly have a lot of confidence in herself. Even with all kinds of awards, nominees, and big roles played.

"Well, you got it! And guess who your co-star is going to be.. oh! I'm just going to say it.. Timothée Chalamet!" She would practically yell. Y/N felt her heart sink, "Woah.. woah.. like- the Timothée Chalamet?"

"Well of course, silly! Who else? Anyways, all excitement aside, the director wants you two to go to lunch today. I know it's a weird request.. but he wants there to be chemistry between you guys before you show up on set. He wants these roles to be played perfectly, and the love story to pan out exactly how he has it in his head." Eliza would explain. "So, put on something nice and be ready by noon today! Timothée flew all the way out here for this. I'll be sending a driver to you!" Before Y/N could even begin to think of a response, the call would end. Placing her cup of coffee on her night stand, she would sit on the edge of her bed.

"Holy shit.. I'm having lunch with Timothée Chalamet today." She would say, almost wanting to laugh at how crazy it sounded. "I'm having lunch with Timothée Chalamet today!" She'd exclaim once more, jumping up.

She would never admit this to anyone, but he had been her celebrity crush for as long as she could remember. Now, she has not only the opportunity to speak directly with him, but to star in a movie in which they will be love interests. It all felt like a big dream to her.

"Ugh- get a grip, Y/N." She would say out loud to herself. She had made a rule to herself that when things like this would happen, if ever, that she would remain professional. In her opinion, relationships in the public eye become messy and corrupted.

Little did she know, however, Timothée was freaking out just as much. The poor boy was panicking about if he looked okay, if his teeth looked white enough, and if his hair was styled just right. Y/N had been his celebrity crush for as long as he could remember, too. Whenever she would appear on screen, he'd melt. He would stand in front of the mirror in his hotel's bathroom, sighing.

"Keep it together Timothée... you can do this." He would assure himself. "It'll all be fine! It's not like I'm having a lunch with one of the most beautiful women in Hollywood." Timothée would laugh to himself.

They were both already in too deep.