Chapter 1: The announcement

*ALL RESERVED RIGHTS BELONG TO J.K ROWLING*

Hermione Jean Granger had become the head of the Department of International Magical Cooperation after graduating from Hogwarts. Her best friends Harry James Potter and Ronald Billius Weasley were Aurors. Back in Hogwarts, Hermione and Ronald had dated but they both realized their relationship was more of a sibling connection so they broke it off. 

Hermione had been especially busy today at the Ministry. The Ministers of Magic worldwide were planning something but, of course, it wasn't Hermione's place to know. She apparated to her flat to find two owls waiting for her. It read:

Dear Ms. Hermione Granger,

I would like to inform you about a new law that was enforced. The decline of the wizarding population has resulted the marriage law. The Quizlet you had to take was to help us choose your partner. The Marriage law concerns unmarried witches and wizards between the ages of 18-15, they will be given a compatible partner. They will have to get married and have a child by a certain date which will be notified to you in a month or so. Your partner has been chosen however males are required to plan a "secret date". After your date, you and your partner are required to move in together either the day after or the day of the date. Please note any wizard who chooses not to follow this law will have their wand snapped and will be sent to Azkaban. 

Please note:

Anyone who is part of the LGBTQ+ community has been paired accordingly. 

Sincerely,

Minister for Magic

Kingsley Shacklebolt

Raging thoughts filled her head. She had just gotten used to adult life but she wasn't planning on getting married this soon. The second letter looked a bit fancier. It read:

Dear Hermione Granger,

I have been chosen as your handsomely awesome husband to be. As weird as this might be the ministry didn't allow us to reveal who we are so I'll give one hint, we know each other. That might be too broad considering many people know you unless you're not the wonderful golden girl, war heroine.  Well, I have to get going. Meet me at 586 Absolute Apt. for our so-called secret date.

Yours truly,

Mystery partner :)

Just when she thought this day could get better.