Chapter 2 - Y/N and Escaping Home

Full warning. I will probably slightly edit this chapter at some point. It feels a little fast paced but I re-wrote it multiple times and this was the best I could do for the moment. Hope you enjoy it anyway.

As August started you could not wait to get back to Hogwarts

As August started you could not wait to get back to Hogwarts. You woke up every day crossing off day after day of waiting from you calendar.

You thought you'd ask your parents if you could go to Diagon Alley in the last week, but they wouldn't let you go alone, and they wouldn't let you go if they knew who you were meeting with. It seemed the plan to meet was pretty hopeless.

But your friends found a way to cheer you up regardless. On Friday morning you had yourself a great wake up.

On the sill sat a very tired looking Onyx with a neatly wrapped Birthday gift from Hermione – A huge book titled '101 Things You Should Know About Kneazles'

Your birthday was two days away, but you made sure your friends only sent you things with Onyx and never with their own owls, due to your father's surveillance. So Hermione must have taken the chance she got. You chuckled looking at the big goofy face of the Kneazle chasing a butterfly on the front cover.

Cricket came up to watch the book with curiosity. You had only now just noticed he finally grew into his huge ears and his lion tail was more prominent now.

Just like you, Cricket has grown.

You kissed him on the head then started to get yourself ready for the day. You hid the book under your bed and put Onyx in her cage to rest. Then, to solve the growling of your stomach, you decided it was time for breakfast.

You stepped out of you room, fresh and happy.

However, you found the kitchen empty, and not just the kitchen, but the living room, dining room, kitchen and all the downstairs offices were empty.

The house seemed silent. Too silent.

"Mom! Draco!" You called.

No answer.

You started climbing the many floors of the mansion, checking every room, looking carefully on each one, which took a while. Only when you reached the very top floor, did you finally near a sound.

A heavy moving sound and then a couple of coughs.

You looked down the corridor to see the attic door was open and the stairs extended. A great deal of dust was floating in the sunlight, almost creating a cloud.

You walked up to the opened hatch.

"Ow!" a familiar voice yelled.

"Draco?" You asked "What are you doing up there?"

Draco's dusted covered head popped up in the attic entrance, he didn't look very happy.

"Come up Y/N, I need help moving this thing."