Chapter|| 4

It's been two weeks since you came back to the compound and even though everyone besides Bucky and Nat was bothering you, you don't want to go back to Italy. You are a superhero and that won't ever change, so why run away from it just because some unnecessary side characters of your life piss you off.

After Loki arrived, you and Steve made the deal that you'd be staying at the compound for a while, just to see if Loki really means what he said or if he'll just stab the team in their backs again. Quite literally stab them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You woke up in a pretty good mood this morning since you'll be training today. Alone, obviously. You'd just hurt others with your powers and even though you wouldn't mind hurting them and proving your point of being the strongest creature to exist, you think they wouldn't enjoy it too much.

As you walk to the kitchen to get something to eat you spot a figure standing in front of the fridge. You see the raven hair and were already turning on your heels to get out of this room and avoid any exchange of social contact with this person, but just as you turn away you hear the person chuckle to themself,

"You think you can just run away from me?"

"Why would I run away from you? Do you think I'm scared?" you question.

"I don't know if you are, but you should be."

"Yeah, because you're a god and blah blah blah... the only thing you're good at is faking your own death and, don't take it personally, but I'm not quite scared of you dying."

"Oh dear, I'm capable of so much more than you think," he says while smirking at you.

"Nothing that would harm me in any way," you state as you take slow steps into his direction.

"How about a little demonstration," he purrs also stepping closer to you.

"If that would prove my point of you not being able to harm me, fine."

And here you two are again. Standing right in front of each other, noses touching and breaths combined. You stare deep into each other's eyes, both trying to threaten one another. You try and go into his mind but something blocks you. While you're trying even harder, desperate to see what his next actions are going to be, he looks at your somewhat strained face with a growing smirk plastered on his face.

"You can't get into my mind," the god speaks up.

"How-" you start until you see something silver glistening in his hand which is right in front of your hip and in the blink of an eye you feel the burning sensation of a knife right above your hip bone. You look down to see just the very tip of the knife being shoved into your side but still enough to make you feel the pain of being stabbed.

"If I'd tell you how, you would find a way of getting into my mind anyways. You really think I'm such a fool?" he answers your not quite asked question.

"Y-yes, I indeed do," you hiss while trying to soothe your slightly aching side.

"Says the one with the dagger in her side," he scoffs.

"If you would want to kill me, then you would've just pushed it in completely and preferably a bit higher since you didn't even poke one of my organs."

"Oh trust me, I do in fact want to kill you. But I figured that it would destroy the trust I just built up with my brother and even though he isn't quite fond of the idea of you living here again, I know that he would still be upset."

He pulls out the dagger and walks back to the kitchen where he just grabs an apple and leaves the room, letting you stand there in utter shock that someone was actually able to trick you.

After about half a minute you shake it off and just walk to the kitchen to search for a bandaid for the small wound on top of your hip. As you open up several cabinets you hear someone behind you clear their throat.

"Are you searching for something?"

You turn around to see a questioning face with blonde hair.

"No it's my hobby to open up kitchen cabinets while bleeding all over the floor, Rogers," you scoff at him as you turn back around.

"So bandaids it is. There would've been several ways to inform me about that a bit nicer you know," he comes closer to you opening one out of two cabinets that you haven't opened yet, and gets out a bandaid in a size that would perfectly cover your wound.

He gently pushes you to lean on the counter and gestures for you to slightly lift your shirt so he can put the bandaid on.

"What even happened?"

"I wanted to cut an apple and accidentally stabbed myself," you lie, internally slapping yourself for that being the dumbest lie you ever came up with.

"Y/N, I know how you always think you're capable of everything but lying isn't quite your specialty," he admits, partly hoping you wouldn't murder him for doubting one of your abilities, but you weren't.

You know yourself that your lying game isn't the best when it comes to spontaneous lies. If someone told you what to say and you could prepare yourself, you're the goddess of lying. But when you have to quickly come up with one yourself you knew it wouldn't be going well.

"And was the apple maybe named Loki?" and again he feels like you're going to kill him every now and then, but you didn't. Instead, you actually started to properly talk to him,

"I can't stand this dude, Steve. I've never, in my entire life, met someone as annoying and provocative as him. I get furious by just looking into his eyes, these green, full of arrogance and rage eyes. His entire being disgusts me in the worse way possible."

"Well maybe the both of you should learn to empathize a bit more and be less self-centered," he suggests.

You push his body to now lean on the counter and come up close to his face while letting a dagger appear in your hands.

"Say that I and that asshat have something in common one more time and someone will have to put a bandaid on you this time," you threaten him while glaring into his eyes.

He puts his hands up in defense when you hear the all-so-known sound of Tony's repulsors right behind you. You turn around to be met with a normal clothed Tony who only has the glove of his suit on to shoot at you in case you were doing something to the lovely Captain who has now swiftly moved to stand further away from you.

"What were you planning on doing there, young lady?"

You just let the dagger disappear and walk out of the kitchen and back to your room to avoid talking to another person you for sure don't want to talk to.

As you walk through the hallway and into your room, you see the door on the opposite of yours opening and just as you wanted to close the door of your room you see the raven locks coming out of the one right ahead of you.

"You gotta be fucking with me right now?" you mutter under your breath.

"Surprised to see me here? Well, I changed rooms since this one has windows and the other one didn't," he sees your widely annoyed face and adds, "and I'm just as pleased to have you on my opposite as you are."

You choose to just not respond and don't give him the satisfaction of seeing you as furious as you were earlier so you just start to close your door again, right then you hear him say,

"How's your hip doing? Still hurting you, huh?"

That was just enough for you to push your door back open and throw a rather small ball of power at him which he doesn't seem to be too fazed by until he sees you letting another orb grow in your hands which you toss at him as soon as it was a good medium-sized one which sends him flying through his door into the room he just freshly organized.

Laying on the floor he grunts a bit while slowly sitting up, looking at your smug facial expression before you disappear into your room.