• The Demon In Human •

" No! "

Mirio reached out his hands to catch the falling girl, his eyes widened in shock and fear. He didn't know who she was, but to think that she'd took the blow instead of him...God, he'd never forgive himself if the girl really lose her quirk.

" A-Ah...who..." Nemoto dropped hand to the floor, the gun in his hand slipped off onto the cement. He looked fearfully towards his leader. " M-Master...Forgive me -- I didn't get to shoot him..."

" Silence! " Overhaul hissed, getting onto his feet to resume his attack. The girl's sudden appearance was certainly unexpected, but while Mirio was distracted with her, he should attack him first.

He slammed his bare hand to the ground, ready to activate his quirk, when a body was sent flying towards him. Overhaul clicked his tongue, pushing off the body off him and saw Mirio sprinting towards him, his fist curling and rage in his eyes.

" How dare you! " Despite Overhaul using an arm to block Mirio's attack, the boy still got his fist went straight through the arm and punched Overhaul's face. Mirio snarled, " I won't forgive you for what you did to Eri and the girl just now!"

Eri watched Mirio continued to fight as she let Nezuko's head on her lap. The little girl looked down towards the trembling demon girl -- she looked like she was having a seizure. Eri closed her eyes, terrified to see the girl in pain.

It was all my fault, she thought, tightening her grips on Nezuko's shoulders.

For Nezuko, she couldn't feel her body -- it was as if she had been paralysed. But something inside her felt hotter and then the next thing happened was that, Nezuko went into a sitting position and vomited blood.

Eri gasped at the sight. Nezuko coughed out more crimson liquid, sweats dripping from her chin. She then fell back on the ground, her eyes were wide and red.

See, the bullet that Overhaul created was meant to deactivate quirks. It would cause one to be unable to use their power and the effect was proven to be forever, unless another alternative of a cure could recover that person and activate back thier quirk.

Nezuko, however, did not a have a quirk nor she being a human. She may have special abilities, but her body is different from quirk users. For one thing, the blood running in her veins was mixed with Muzan's and that was the cause of her turning into a demon in the first place. The thing inside Overhaul's creation to deactivate quirks was meant to take over the cells in one's body -- the special cells that allowed a person to have a quirk.

The bullet that had sunk in Nezuko's body sent a very clear message to her body;

Stop.

Stop using your quirk. Let them sleep. Don't use your quirk. It was designed to literally stop the special cells. But the demon cells in Nezuko was more than any ordinary cells. They fought the intruder and mind you, this was the cells of Muzan himself, imagine how vicious they were when ripping off their enemies in the body.

To sum it all up, Nezuko was in an incredible pain. Her demon cells were fighting and pain shot through her body like electricity. Her temperature rose up drastically and she felt numbness in her body. The demon cells were eating the intruders, but there was something off. Nezuko could feel it.

Some of her cells were changing -- not like deactivate, more like -- it felt tamer. As if the demon cells were now in a calm state. It was only a slight feeling but she could feel it. The bullet...the effect worked a bit on her.

Nezuko's pink eyes glanced sideways, seeing Mirio was still in a ferocious fight with Overhaul. The masked man slammed his hand onto the ground once again, but before anything else happened, there was a new crack appeared on the wall --