23 - Bittersweet Feelings

Eleanor.

I woke up feeling mixed emotions. I was super happy yesterday spending time with my dad and the Mendes' but it suddenly hit me. Today I'm going back to Toronto and tomorrow Shawn's flying off to L.A. for the release of his third album. I didn't feel like getting up so soon although the sun was already streaming into my room. Instead, i lay in bed scrolling through my gallery and looking back at all the memories I've had this past month. The photo of Shawn, Aaliyah and I eating pizza in our dorm is one of my favourites so i decided to put it as my lock screen. Another photo of Shawn and I on top of the CN Tower brings back memories of the day that we went sightseeing and us confessing to each other our feelings, I can't believe it hasn't been that long.

As i was scrolling through the photos, i hear a knock on the door and yell "come in". Shawn swings open the door and i sit up. "What are you doing here?" I ask. "I miss you." He grin and lays down next to me. "Come here." He pleads as he opens his arms and i give him a 'are you serious' look. He nods and pouts, making me unable to resist cuddling with Shawn. I cuddle with him for a few minutes, enjoying each other's company until his stomach made a noise. "Someone's hungry." I tease. "Hungry for kisses." He says and moves over so that he's hovering on top of my body. "Shawn, I haven't brush my teeth" I admit and he attacks me with his lips, kissing me all over from my lips to my neck, not allowing me to resist.

Shawn pulls away slowly and our eyes lock, making me heart pump even faster. He notices me looking slightly embarrassed and gets up from the bed and i do so too. We hold hands naturally and head downstairs to eat breakfast. My dad was already sitting down on the table drinking his morning coffee when he sees us walking over. "Good morning pumpkin." My dad greets. "Morning dad." I say and give him a kiss on his cheek. I head over to the kitchen and put in some Eggo's waffle into the toaster before sitting down with Shawn and my dad.

Once the toaster dinged, i grabbed three plates and took out the waffles. We ate and talked about Shawn's music which my dad found very interesting, i think he's a big Shawn fan now. After we were done eating, i had to pack up some stuff to bring over to Toronto before Shawn drove us back. It's been a good being back at Pickering, and I'm glad that I no longer associate as a place with bad memories.

———

Shawn.

I'm packing all my last minute things like toiletries into my luggage before closing it shut. My phone beeps and it's a message from Aaliyah saying she's downstairs. I grab my backpack, guitar case, and roll out my luggage out of the apartment and head downstairs to the parking lot. I immediately spot Aaliyah's car and walk towards it. I place my belongings into the trunk before going to sit in the backseat.

"Hey guys." I say once i open the door. "Hey." Aaliyah replies as she turns the engine on. "Hi babe." Elle says and I'm surprised because it's the first time she's ever called me that but i like it. We drove to the airport in silence except for the radio playing. I know that everyone is feeling bittersweet about me leaving and i wish that i could stay longer but i can't. "How long will you be gone again?" Elle turns around and asks although i have mentioned it to her before. "About a month, and I'll be back in no time I promise." I answer in a positive tone and she nods slowly.

Aaliyah pulls up to the airport parking lot and we get off at the same time. I take my stuff from the trunk and Elle helps me to carry my guitar case. We walk towards the entrance and there's a bunch of fans waiting outside in a line and my security team standing by. "I'll be back." I say to them and pass Aaliyah my luggage. I head towards the fans and start taking selfies with each of them individually. Although i want to spend as much time as i can with Aaliyah and Elle, i also don't want to disappoint my fans as after all they are the reason why i am where i am today.

After i was done meeting the fans, i wave goodbye and head towards Aaliyah and Elle who were waiting outside my flight's check in. I head towards the counter to check in my luggage and guitar case. I say thank you to the lady who helped me and walk to Aaliyah and Elle who are talking to each other.

"All checked in." I announce and they turn their heads to me. "I'm going to miss you bro." Aaliyah says as she hugs me. I hug her back and reply, "Me too kiddo." We hug for a few more seconds before we let go and i turn towards Elle. I hug Elle and she hugs me even tighter. "I hate this baby, i don't want to leave you." I whisper. "Promise to call me whenever you're free?" She pleads softly. "Promise." I say and we both pull apart. I hold her cheek with my hand and wipe away a tear that she let roll down. I hug the both of them one last time before going through the security checks with my bodyguards following me.

"Bye guys." I sigh and pick up my backpack. "Have a safe flight." Elle wishes me and i thank her. "Text us as soon as you land!" Aaliyah exclaims. "I will." I say as i wave goodbye to them. I head into the security check and once i was inside, i turned around one last time to see that they're no longer there. I walk to my flight's gate, feeling very overwhelmed. On one hand i was sad to leave them again but on another i was excited for the release of my third album. I just hope that my album does well and my promotion pays off so that i can come back to Toronto as soon as possible.

Author's Note!

First off, I just want to say thank you guys for getting this book to #1 under Shawn Mendes Fan Fiction! I honestly just started writing this book for fun because this story idea popped up in my head and now i can't believe how far it's achieved. And secondly, I just want to shout out one of my readers who has been reading all my latest chapters and voting on them, you know who you are, i really appreciate it. I love you guys so much!