Trust The Process

Will was fucking done.

Fucking.
Done.

He was more than pissed off, and he was ready to yell at the first person he could find.

Probably not great that he found Dionysus.

Will had been looking for Chiron, not even realizing he had entered the Big House till he felt a sharp gaze that made the hairs on his neck raise,

The stare of a god.

"You're looking a little pent up there, Wilbur," Dionysus whistled, gesturing to Will's clenched fists, firmly plated and his side and smoking.

"What's got you so heated? Did those Hermes kids steal a Hyacinth again? Demeter kid, maybe?" The man laughed. "Ah, what do I care? I just got back. You can bother me next century" he waved Will off, as if he were a fly, moving to lean back in his armchair, already having summoned a Diet Coke into his other hand.

Will unclenched his fists and spoke in as even a tone as he could muster.

"Now, I'm going to say this once, you will not interrupt me, and you will answer my questions" Dionysus made to speak but was cut off. "What did I just say? Disappointing, how you can remember so many unimportant things, yet simple words spoken mere seconds ago illude you. You know, I think you're slipping, what a shame" Will sat in the chair opposite Dionysus.

"Now that you've been reminded of your role in this conversation, let me remind you of your role as a god. I'm assuming you forgot since it's been so long since you've truly been one," Dionysus growled. "Tough subject, I know. So sad for you, boo hoo, get over it," Will deadpanned, using his foot to push the god back into his seat.

"Now, given your apparent memory problems, I'm not sure you remember, but you're not just the god of wine and failed relationships, you're also the god of insanity and thus mental health, and there has been someone in dire need of your powers for days now. So I don't know where the fuck you've been" Will stood and made a 'shush' movement with his hand when Mr.D went to speak again. "-and I don't care either, gods you just can't shut up today, can you? You were fine with it before, ignoring us 24/7. What happened? Did you decide talking was a good idea when other people stopped making excuses for you not doing your fucking job?"

"Listen here, sir. I do not give one single fuck about whatever uninspired threat you come up with. I've heard it before; you don't follow through, no need to prove you're lazy, we already know. What I do care about, on the other hand, is my patient that you left to get this bad. He does not deserve the shit you and the rest of the gods put him through, and you're going to help me help him, or so help me. I will tear your immortal flesh into itty bitty bite-size pieces and use it to stuff martini olives, got it?"

"Heya, Horsebreath" said Dionysus. Will paled for a moment before squaring his shoulders and turing his back to the god to look at Chiron, despite the hairs on the back of his neck rising in warning of the stupid idea that was. Why start listening now? He was already in this deep.

To Wills immense relief, Chiron looked ammused and impressed if anything. "Glad to see you take your job seriously, Will, though I would suggest refraining from threating gods if you could. You are far too important to your patients to be turned into a dolphin on such short notice."

Chiron turned to Mr. D "You will be helping the boy?" he asked, as if it were a question. Wills nails pressed moons into his palm. He said nothing.

"I guess" was all Dionysus had to say, look vaguely impressed under his blanket of aggrivation and indiffrence.

"You've made him a file then?" Chiron asked Will. "He doesnt have one already?" Will's palm smoked a little. He shook it out.

"No, I'm afraid not. Nico di Angelo has not been a consistent camper for a long time and his records were never made as he was waiting for his sister to return to provide information he lacked. As I'm sure you know, this did not come to pass and thus we have nothing on him in the system. You will need to make his file, update the records on his current case and write out a recovery plan with Dionysus," Chiron summarized.

"Ah."

Will shook himself out of his stupour. "I'll make a file and come back when I need Mr. D's advisement. How long has it been since Nico showered? I've been escorting him to the facilites but thats all I've done as hes not in a state to bathe himself or let me towel wash him."

"As far as I'm aware he hasnt, so that is something to address. Inquire to Annabeth and Percy as to the details of his actions priror to his induction as an inpatient" said Chiron.

"Alright, thank you very much."

——————

Will knocked on the Athena Cabins door. Upon eliciting no response he slowly and cautiously opened the door.

"Helloooo? Anybody hooooome?" He sing-songed into the empty cabin. He was met with a tarantula.

"Ah! What the fuck!? What the fuck, what the fuck?!"
Eloquent, as a son of Apollo should be, dad would be proud.

Will took a breath and calmed himself, entering the cabin. He shuddered and grabbed the spider, holding it gently. "You, my dear friend" he said. "Are my bargaining chip"

——————

Will made his way to the arts and crafts area. He had looked at the Athena cabins schedule, left conveniently at the door and had deduced that they were here.

Cause it said they were.

Math.

Upon walking in all eyes went to him, some hostile others curious. Oh boy. "Annabeth?" he called out. "What did he do?" was the response.

"Ah!" Annabeth was behind him beside the door. "What? Who? What did who do?" Will asked, calming his racing heart. "Percy, what did he do? I'm guessing that's why you're here?" She said, crossing her arms. "Wha-? No! I'm here because- " He looked back at the room of watchful eyes.

"Do they know?" Annabeth seemed to sober up at that question, catching on immediately. "No, they dont" she seemed to want to keep it that way. "Somewhere else?" she nodded.

"Whats going on?" Annabeth asked once they were in Will's "office" at the infirmary (read: closet with a fold out table with a sticky note with his name on it). "I need to make Nico a file, but we dont have much to go off of. I was wondering what you knew." Will said. "Oh. Nothing really." she said, face blank.

"Bullshit, what do you mean?" Will said. "Well I never really looked into it! I didn't really know Nico or Bianca so I didn't hear anything from them and I never had time to look it up, I guess, with everything going on," She said.

"I'm gonna need you to find whatever you can on him. His mothers name is Maria, she was a singer. Nico said he was born in '32 January 28th in Venice, Italy. If that helps." Will said. "It does, thanks I'll send over whatever I find."

"Oh theres a spider in your cabin by the way, I'm guessing Hermes cabin"
"WHAT?!"
Will promptly left.

Turns out he didnt need that bargaining chip.