Ash meets ray

Pallet Town

Ignore pikachu An eleven-year-old Ash Ketchum was walking through the forest away from his hometown and was not having a great day so far

Ignore pikachu
An eleven-year-old Ash Ketchum was walking through the forest away from his hometown and was not having a great day so far. He just got of his mom's Lab and was headed home until he ran into his childhood tormentor Gary Oak who has a grudge against Ash because of his grandfather's long standing feud against Ash's Mom, Delia.

"Oh Great, this asshole. I just woke up and he is already looking for trouble. Why pick on me when the feud has nothing to do with us?" Ash thought as he approached Gary and his Posse.

 Why pick on me when the feud has nothing to do with us?" Ash thought as he approached Gary and his Posse

Gary Oak
"Well, well, well, if it isn't Ashy-boy, the son of that thief Delia," Gary snarled.

"And if isn't Gare-bear, the grandson of that jealous professor. What was his name again? I only know professors who have actually made a useful discovery...WAIT. Is it that guy who claims things he doesn't own or doesn't know how to swallow his pride once a while, or is it both. Care to elaborate Gare-bear?" Ash smirked at Gary's red face.

"His name, you mutt, is professor Samuel Oak." Gary said through his gritting teeth.

"Oh yeah him, the guy who tried to claim Delia Ketchum's work but also upholding his jealousy in his family. What a Dick."

The feud started when Ash's mom made a catastrophic discovery that links evolution with behavior. If a Pokémon's behavior and their trainer's behavior are similar, their evolution rate is increased because of the sense of a developing bond. That was an old theory that she proved correct when she witnessed one of her trainer sponsors and their Pokémon evolved. She used a camera with a particle lens that shows a more in depth look into evolution but what she saw was unbelievable. Her trainer absorbed part of the energy that was taken in by their Pokémon. She deduced that if you have a Pokémon with similar characteristics as their trainers, they evolve quicker because the Trainer takes in a part of the Pokémon, which results in a deeper bond. Many professors agreed with the theory but professor Oak said that Delia stole the behavior theory from him so he should get full credit. After an investigation done by the G-men and the Pokémon league, no evidence was found that related from Delia's to Oak's research. This angered Oak and to this day still holds the grudge while Delia merely shrugs it off as jealousy on Oak's behalf.